Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Installed Catalina onto an SSD from an OEM Mac and updated to 10.15.1 then installed latest Clover on the SSD.

Installed AlGrey's Vanilla config.plist and recommended kexts onto the EFI partiiton.

Booted the SSD from the OEM Mac to make certain all was working. Completed setup process.

Then booted SDD from Threadripper 1950x into Clover with flawless startup into Catalina.

My only complaints are lagging speed during use, ethernet and audio kexts not working. Used a USB dongle with ethernet to connect to WWW and update some apps.

Threadripper lags with Mojave as well but not at all on High Sierra.

Will continue to test and will clone Catalina to another SSD to rule out possible issues.

Advertising

Asus Prime x399-A
Post Merged
Egress wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:11 am Installed Catalina onto an SSD from an OEM Mac and updated to 10.15.1 then installed latest Clover on the SSD.

Installed AlGrey's Vanilla config.plist and recommended kexts onto the EFI partiiton.

Booted the SSD from the OEM Mac to make certain all was working. Completed setup process.

Then booted SDD from Threadripper 1950x into Clover with flawless startup into Catalina.

My only complaints are lagging speed during use, ethernet and audio kexts not working. Used a USB dongle with ethernet to connect to WWW and update some apps.

Threadripper lags with Mojave as well but not at all on High Sierra.

Will continue to test and will clone Catalina to another SSD to rule out possible issues.
Quick note regarding overall system lag. I wrote a post in the Catalina section.

My speed issues were resolved. I originally installed Catalina on a Seagate 550gb SSD. To experiment, I cloned the Seagate to a Samsung EVO 860 500gb SSD and all the speed problems disappeared.

Seems the Seagate SSDs are very slow with APFS due to old controller etc. Be cautious and study SSD specs carefully. I haven't yet tried an NVME drive but some of them are also problematic. Good luck. :thumbup: :clap:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]