Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
by: ubrpwnzr
Finally got the thing to boot.

HARDWARE
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970a-DS3
CPU: AMD FX-8150
Graphics Card: Radeon 7850 Sapphire

CONFIGURATION
Followed Vanilla.AMD-OSX.com
Copied the vanilla config.plist for 15H
Not sure if this is all necessary, but my current args:
npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 -f -v EthernetBuiltIn=Yes kext-dev-mode=1
My EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder
-FakeSMC.kext
-Lilu.kext
-NULLCPUPowerManagement.kext
-RealtekRTL8100.kext
-RealtekRTL8111.kext (think i dont need the one above just this)
-WhateverGreen (also didn't need for install, testing DVI out at this time, see below)
-XLNCUSBFix.text

I spent days trying to get the USB to work after it would just repeatedly output lines about USB. Then the fine guys in the Discord channel showed me XLNCUSBFix.text

The only thing not to work at this time is my DVI output, which is connected to a monitor with a DVI to HDMI cable. The HDMI port on the card outputs just fine. The OS is seeing both displays, and the Display is connected, it has shows a signal, but the image is just black.
Post Merged
Oh yeah, I went with 10.13.6 not sure if this has to do with my DVI -> HDMI output to second monitor.
Post Merged
Also, if you have a similar setup, and something fails. Just WAIT, or reboot and try again. I got some goofy errors. One about install expired, each time I needed to add another kext for hardware support or let it just reload. It wasn't all in one go, probably ran through it a lot of times.

Advertising

Sleep wake solutions?

This also happens on my machine. I've first just[…]

Hey there :wave: I have the same issue with my 2[…]

hi guys, thanks for all the hard work getting thi[…]

You'll get it recognised with full resolution but […]