My old computer went on the shelf, decided to do something with these parts and put the hack together.
OSX: HS 10.13.6 with the very last security update (updated directly from osx)
Board: Asus Sabertooth R2.0
CPU: FX 9590 Black Edition
COOLER: Big Noctua One not sure what model its the top pne they have
HD type: SSD x1
RAM: DDR3 1600 32GB
GPU: Currently NVIDIA - 1080ti but have 2x970 and 1070ti available on hand..1080ti might be overkill?
Some old Antec PSU 650W
Some Old Antec Case
Its been a trip! took few days, i learned a lot, got kicked out from discord because I said Vanilla guide is Garbage (sorry guys I think it could be better I do have suggestions if someone wants to listen), but kept pushing, didn't give up and made it all work. With that,
- System is very stable, I didn't overclock the processor, bios is a standard setup, but all the temperature control "helps" are disabled. Even though this processor is known as the "inferno" It keeps at 12 degrees idle, jumps to 25 on light tasksm and around 41 when im doing something that rquires more cpu work. - Although HW monitor jumps around a bit. So I'm not sure if this is working right or not... GPU Idle is st 30 degrees. Performance is questionable as I am not sure about the cpu settings in Clover for .plist and if i need to change anything. (see below #2)
- Imessage, camera (USB Microsoft HD cam) works
- Clover configurator themes work as soon as I unchecked "text only" in clovers GUI section
It's easier to say whats not working actually:
1. Wifi (I assume there is no kext for BCM4366 chip) - please let me know if m wrong
2. This is a weird one to me and maybe i need to set something with Clover here PLEASE LET ME KNOW. CPU is reporting at 4.3 Ghz and Unknown - I am not sure whats that all about its a 4.7 GHZ processor....
3. Lightroom doesnt work (newest version on cloud) other adobe programs work with the command lines i found online - Is there a fix for lightroom?
4. Steam installs but games d not work - ex. CounterStrike ( I read that you need to createe a separate partition and install steam there as steam platform is case sensitive - please correct me if im wrong)
Plans: I am planing on getting different wifi card that is suppoted, and maybe even different gpu from AMD so I can do Catalina when it comes out.
I also wanted to appologize to someone who got offended on discord and banned me, Sorry dude I had a bad day and took it out on discord..