This is awesome! EVERYTHING WORKS. I have a MacBook Pro 15 inch to compare with and i have yet to find a single thing that's broken. Even the installation USB detected my PCIe wifi card! This feels incredible.
About 7 years ago I made a Hackintosh build that took me nearly a week to troubleshoot. It was a nightmare, and this took me literally ONE hour. I'm stunned.
Very simply, I simply followed the vanilla guide. Here are the drivers / kexts I used to boot. https://imgur.com/a/n0zbLMG
I used clover r4988 as mentioned in 4Eyes' post: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8965
To do this, I first flashed the USB as in the tutorial. Once that was done, I saved all the "old" drivers folder to my desktop, since r4988 does not come with them. Then I went to my MBP and downloaded r4988. I deleted everything on my Clover USB (just opened the folder, select all, delete), and installed r4988 on the USB. And then I followed the rest of the tutorial as usual.
- Interface feels fluent and fast. Exactly like on a real mac.
- Xcode iPhone simulators work perfect!!! It's super fast on 8 cores.
- Code compilation times are much faster than on my MBP 2017
- iMessage and FaceTime works
- App store works
- iCloud, Keychain works great
- Of course, the PCIe AC1900 Wifi Card works
- the RX 570 performs similarly to Windows
- 3700X performs exactly the same as if on Windows.
I plan on using this in conjunction with my MacBook primarily for programming. I am so excited to use this thing!