Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.

This is awesome! EVERYTHING WORKS. I have a MacBook Pro 15 inch to compare with and i have yet to find a single thing that's broken. Even the installation USB detected my PCIe wifi card! This feels incredible.

About 7 years ago I made a Hackintosh build that took me nearly a week to troubleshoot. It was a nightmare, and this took me literally ONE hour. I'm stunned.

Very simply, I simply followed the vanilla guide. Here are the drivers / kexts I used to boot. https://imgur.com/a/n0zbLMG

I used clover r4988 as mentioned in 4Eyes' post: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8965
To do this, I first flashed the USB as in the tutorial. Once that was done, I saved all the "old" drivers folder to my desktop, since r4988 does not come with them. Then I went to my MBP and downloaded r4988. I deleted everything on my Clover USB (just opened the folder, select all, delete), and installed r4988 on the USB. And then I followed the rest of the tutorial as usual.
  • Interface feels fluent and fast. Exactly like on a real mac.
  • Xcode iPhone simulators work perfect!!! It's super fast on 8 cores.
  • Code compilation times are much faster than on my MBP 2017
  • iMessage and FaceTime works
  • App store works
  • iCloud, Keychain works great
  • Of course, the PCIe AC1900 Wifi Card works
  • the RX 570 performs similarly to Windows
  • 3700X performs exactly the same as if on Windows.
Geekbench score: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14221596

I plan on using this in conjunction with my MacBook primarily for programming. I am so excited to use this thing!
4Eyes, Francisco_live liked this

Advertising

Hey, I'm glad you've found my story helpful :thumbup: and also congrats!
eppcmogen wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:19 am Image

This is awesome! EVERYTHING WORKS. I have a MacBook Pro 15 inch to compare with and i have yet to find a single thing that's broken. Even the installation USB detected my PCIe wifi card! This feels incredible.

About 7 years ago I made a Hackintosh build that took me nearly a week to troubleshoot. It was a nightmare, and this took me literally ONE hour. I'm stunned.

Very simply, I simply followed the vanilla guide. Here are the drivers / kexts I used to boot. https://imgur.com/a/n0zbLMG

I used clover r4988 as mentioned in 4Eyes' post: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8965
To do this, I first flashed the USB as in the tutorial. Once that was done, I saved all the "old" drivers folder to my desktop, since r4988 does not come with them. Then I went to my MBP and downloaded r4988. I deleted everything on my Clover USB (just opened the folder, select all, delete), and installed r4988 on the USB. And then I followed the rest of the tutorial as usual.
  • Interface feels fluent and fast. Exactly like on a real mac.
  • Xcode iPhone simulators work perfect!!! It's super fast on 8 cores.
  • Code compilation times are much faster than on my MBP 2017
  • iMessage and FaceTime works
  • App store works
  • iCloud, Keychain works great
  • Of course, the PCIe AC1900 Wifi Card works
  • the RX 570 performs similarly to Windows
  • 3700X performs exactly the same as if on Windows.
Geekbench score: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14221596

I plan on using this in conjunction with my MacBook primarily for programming. I am so excited to use this thing!
Hy,

Sounds very good. I am also in a very similar situation and 100% happy to get my AMD setup (2950x) working under MacOS. My problem the rx580 performs ~30% of its normal performance (around 40.000 OpenCL point in Geekbench instead 130.000 in Windows...) I saw somewhere this issue is a part of the patch of 14.6 macos. How you fix it?

Pet
Post Merged
Hy,

Sounds very good. I am also in a very similar situation and 100% happy to get my AMD setup (2950x) working under MacOS. My problem the rx580 performs ~30% of its normal performance (around 40.000 OpenCL point in Geekbench instead 130.000 in Windows...) I saw somewhere this issue is a part of the patch of 14.6 macos. How you fix it?

Pet
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]