Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.

This is awesome! EVERYTHING WORKS. I have a MacBook Pro 15 inch to compare with and i have yet to find a single thing that's broken. Even the installation USB detected my PCIe wifi card! This feels incredible.

About 7 years ago I made a Hackintosh build that took me nearly a week to troubleshoot. It was a nightmare, and this took me literally ONE hour. I'm stunned.

Very simply, I simply followed the vanilla guide. Here are the drivers / kexts I used to boot. https://imgur.com/a/n0zbLMG

I used clover r4988 as mentioned in 4Eyes' post: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8965
To do this, I first flashed the USB as in the tutorial. Once that was done, I saved all the "old" drivers folder to my desktop, since r4988 does not come with them. Then I went to my MBP and downloaded r4988. I deleted everything on my Clover USB (just opened the folder, select all, delete), and installed r4988 on the USB. And then I followed the rest of the tutorial as usual.
  • Interface feels fluent and fast. Exactly like on a real mac.
  • Xcode iPhone simulators work perfect!!! It's super fast on 8 cores.
  • Code compilation times are much faster than on my MBP 2017
  • iMessage and FaceTime works
  • App store works
  • iCloud, Keychain works great
  • Of course, the PCIe AC1900 Wifi Card works
  • the RX 570 performs similarly to Windows
  • 3700X performs exactly the same as if on Windows.
Geekbench score: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14221596

I plan on using this in conjunction with my MacBook primarily for programming. I am so excited to use this thing!
4Eyes, Francisco_live liked this

Advertising

Hey, I'm glad you've found my story helpful :thumbup: and also congrats!
eppcmogen wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:19 am

This is awesome! EVERYTHING WORKS. I have a MacBook Pro 15 inch to compare with and i have yet to find a single thing that's broken. Even the installation USB detected my PCIe wifi card! This feels incredible.

About 7 years ago I made a Hackintosh build that took me nearly a week to troubleshoot. It was a nightmare, and this took me literally ONE hour. I'm stunned.

Very simply, I simply followed the vanilla guide. Here are the drivers / kexts I used to boot. https://imgur.com/a/n0zbLMG

I used clover r4988 as mentioned in 4Eyes' post: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8965
To do this, I first flashed the USB as in the tutorial. Once that was done, I saved all the "old" drivers folder to my desktop, since r4988 does not come with them. Then I went to my MBP and downloaded r4988. I deleted everything on my Clover USB (just opened the folder, select all, delete), and installed r4988 on the USB. And then I followed the rest of the tutorial as usual.
  • Interface feels fluent and fast. Exactly like on a real mac.
  • Xcode iPhone simulators work perfect!!! It's super fast on 8 cores.
  • Code compilation times are much faster than on my MBP 2017
  • iMessage and FaceTime works
  • App store works
  • iCloud, Keychain works great
  • Of course, the PCIe AC1900 Wifi Card works
  • the RX 570 performs similarly to Windows
  • 3700X performs exactly the same as if on Windows.
Geekbench score: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14221596

I plan on using this in conjunction with my MacBook primarily for programming. I am so excited to use this thing!
Hy,

Sounds very good. I am also in a very similar situation and 100% happy to get my AMD setup (2950x) working under MacOS. My problem the rx580 performs ~30% of its normal performance (around 40.000 OpenCL point in Geekbench instead 130.000 in Windows...) I saw somewhere this issue is a part of the patch of 14.6 macos. How you fix it?

Pet
Post Merged
Hy,

Sounds very good. I am also in a very similar situation and 100% happy to get my AMD setup (2950x) working under MacOS. My problem the rx580 performs ~30% of its normal performance (around 40.000 OpenCL point in Geekbench instead 130.000 in Windows...) I saw somewhere this issue is a part of the patch of 14.6 macos. How you fix it?

Pet
AMD Vanilla Tutorials

Hello, I'm trying to install Mojave on my desktop […]

Do you have acceleration with this web driver?

Thank you, all working now :)

Hey Julius, I have the same board and had the sam[…]