Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Seems to be a total success with only 1 minor issue along the way.

First I'll say I didn't enable CSM or set Secure Boot to Other OS and everything is working fine.

Followed the excellent install instructions to the letter, system booted with sound and networking out of the box.

The minor issue came with clover, I couldn't find settings that would allow the system to boot off the hard drive. I spent around an hour trying various installation choices and different versions of clover but all I was getting was a prohibited sign after I picked the boot drive in clover. In the end I copied the entire EFI folder from the usb drive and replaced the one on the hard drive with it and then the system booted perfectly.

Installed Nvidia web package and I'm done, everything working.

Can I say that I've been doing hackintoshing since the X58 days, I've ran macOS on my PC in one form or another for close to 10 years now but this is my first time running it on an AMD system and the process was WAAAAAY easier on my Ryzen build than it's ever been on any Intel system. Maybe I just got lucky with the parts I chose but either way I'm super impressed with the work you guys put into this so thanks all.

EDIT

After furthur usage I noticed I had an issue with some USB ports not working but after running the Ryzen USB fix from the tutorials section of this site all ports now work perferctly too. System also starts up and reboots much faster as well.

Advertising

I just restored from time machine on a new NVME an[…]

I had the same issue. Vega 64 card, Ryzen 1700x, u[…]

Check: 1. Latest versions of Lilu (1.3.8) and Wha[…]

@Shaneee , Nope didn't work... exact same problem[…]