Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
by: Shaneee
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motherboard: GIGABYTE AB350-Gaming 3
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
  • HDD: 500GB 960 EVO - Crucial MX500 250GB - 1 x 2TB Seagate - 1 x 640GB WDC - 1 x 500GB WDC
  • USB : 3.1
  • GPU: ASUS RX 560 ROG STRIX 4GB
  • LAN: Realtek RTL8111 ( RTL8111.kext )
  • Sound: HDMI / Motherboard ( AppleALC )
  • Sleep: Works
  • Monitor: 32" HD TV
  • Bootloader: Clover
  • Other: iCloud works OOB. Working Bluetooth.
  • Installation Method: Retail USB
  • Installed OS': Catalina 10.15.0 - Windows 10 Pro - Few Test Installations
Last edited by Shaneee on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fancyIX, tuancuong92, wrckamp and 2 others liked this

Advertising

by: pepitillo
Hello Shane.
I'd like to ask you how did you do to have sleep working in your machine.
I have also a OEM PC very similar with yours (same chipset and processor) which works very well. I could sleep and wake with mavericks and with some kernels in yosemite, but with el capitan it sleeps but doesn't wake properly.
pepitillo wrote:Hello Shane.
I'd like to ask you how did you do to have sleep working in your machine.
I have also a OEM PC very similar with yours (same chipset and processor) which works very well. I could sleep and wake with mavericks and with some kernels in yosemite, but with el capitan it sleeps but doesn't wake properly.
I didn't do anything to get it sort of working. It only works for a small time. If the PC is left in sleep for a long period of time it doesn't wake.
by: Hoshi
Could you upload your Geekbench results again? OpenCL too. The best if it would be in 4 version.
by: nandy
:shock:
on an athalon?
Hoshi wrote:Could you upload your Geekbench results again? OpenCL too. The best if it would be in 4 version.
I will when I get a chance.

@nandy, Of course :thumbup:
by: Hoshi
I will just ask, you got very old computer. How it is using it? How is performance? I know you are developer, how it is to code under it? Do you play games? What do you do on it? Also do you maybe use virtualization (because I need alternative to virtualbox for my Athlon :P)?
It does what I need it to do :thumbup: I don't really play games on it but when I do it obviously doesn't run the newer ones. Everything else runs fine on Windows or OS X. PS, Cinema 4D, After Effects etc. I'll update the Geekbench results later tonight. Any Virtualization is done from VMWare Workstation on Windows and Parallels on OS X.

Edit: Geekbench results updated. Not these were done as the system is. Dropbox is still running in the background etc...

Edit: Info updated :geek:
by: sam298
Shaneee wrote:It does what I need it to do :thumbup: I don't really play games on it but when I do it obviously doesn't run the newer ones. Everything else runs fine on Windows or OS X. PS, Cinema 4D, After Effects etc. I'll update the Geekbench results later tonight. Any Virtualization is done from VMWare Workstation on Windows and Parallels on OS X.

Edit: Geekbench results updated. Not these were done as the system is. Dropbox is still running in the background etc...

Edit: Info updated :geek:
Hi Shaneee, I have pretty much similar desktop as yours - 78LMT rev 5.0 with GT 610. I am currently in sierra 5.2 - everything except usb 2.0 ports works but the screen freezes after few minutes of use. I am trying high sierra v3 now. I can't even boot past the verbose screen. I swapped to usb 3.0 port, and tried other usb ports but stuck at waiting for root device and screen glitches and freezes. What options did you use in clover to boot? Thanks

@CaseySJ , Cold startup, no display showing on […]

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 10.21.14 PM.png After[…]

Virtualization on Ryzentosh

Most of the Virtual Machine related applications o[…]

Exact same issue, get to the disk utility section […]