Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Hi everyone, this is my first time installing macOS on a Ryzen machine using Open Core 0.5.7 and Mojave 10.14.6

Specifications
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7 GHz
ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 590 GAMING 8G (rev. 2.0)
16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3000 MHz DDR4
Intel I211 Gigabit Controller
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 250GB NVMe - Windows 10 Installation
Kingston A400 120GB SSD - macOS 10.14.6 Installation
Sandisk 1 TB SSD (storage)

BIOS

CSM disabled
SVM disabled
XHCI Hand-Off disabled

Experience So Far
The installation process via Open Core 0.5.7 was tricky - with it being my first attempt ever at installing macOS. I was able to successfully boot during my first attempt, but was unable to use WiFi , bluetooth, or ethernet devices. I'm not quire sure what I did to my Kext folder and config.plist file at some point, but I've been able to get the bluetooth and ethernet working and so far I've had zero issues with accessing the internet, downloading apps from the App Store, using native audio , etc. The only services that aren't working at the moment are Wifi services and iMessage - which I plan to investiagte later.

Inquiries
(1) Mojave is reporting my Ryzen 7 2700X as an Intel Core i5 for some reason, how would I go about changing that to the correct display?
(2) I have a second Kingston A1400 120GB SSD, is it possible to install any version of macOS in a RAID configuration to utilize that second A400?

Open Core Configuration/EFI Files: https://github.com/thefallen0419/RyzenEFI
Please don't use my EFI folder/Configuration Settings as a reference unless you have both a Ryzen 7 2700X and Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard.

Advertising

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]