Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 1.35.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 1.35.43 AM.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 920 times
I sold my old iMac and built this PC to have some beefier hardware for audio/video work and I realized I really missed running MacOS. This was my first PC build and didn't intend to Hackintosh at first. After dual booting Windows and Ubuntu for a few months, I decided to give it a shot when I realized I owned the compatible hardware:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X
Cooler: Wraith Prism
Motherboard: MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC
RAM: 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3000 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 590 8GB
Bluetooth & Wifi: Fenvi T919 PCIe
Case: NZXT H510

In addition to everything in the install/post-install guide, I did the following:
This was an adventure, but everything feels very stable right now. I've spent some time in Premiere, Photoshop, Pro Tools, Resolve and all feels gooood. However, I have a few lingering issues / questions:
  • Mobo Intel LAN isn't working, even with "SmallTreeIntel82576.kext" - In fact, this held up my entire install because I couldn't get past the "Reinstall MacOS screen. It stated that an internet connection was required to continue. I tried Mojave instead with no luck as well, so I just ordered a Fenvi T919 which worked like a charm, plug & play. I would like the LAN to work though, so I'd appreciate any insight here.
  • The option to "turn off bluetooth" is greyed out. Is there a fix for this?
  • Sleep/Wake isn't working, after the first couple "wake to black screen" issues, I simply disabled sleep. Anyone know where to find the fix?
  • I got locked out of iServices using a "throwaway" Apple ID, but (inadvertently) logged in successfully to iCloud with my main Apple ID. Sidecar shows only a black screen on iPad - anyone know where to find the fix?
Cinebench Multicore: 4945
Cinebench Singlecore: 487
Geekbench Multicore: 7857
Geekbench Singlecore: 1271
Geekbench OpenCL: 34051
Geekbench Metal: 54575

Advertising

Regarding the RadeonBooster.kext, it re-enables firmware loading Apple deactivated back in an earlier version to fix a bug with fan's not going down again on Vega 56/64 cards. This improves memory bandwith (drastically on Radeon VII, less so on Navi cards). So anything where memory is the bottleneck gets a boost (which Geekbench for example does in some tests).

(Short summary from what I've read/understood on the German Hackintosh forum)

For fixing black screen on wake up you can try https://github.com/acidanthera/HibernationFixup with -hbfx-disable-patch-pci boot flag. Sometimes it just helped to press the power button once to get it to wake up from a black screen.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]