CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X
Cooler: Wraith Prism
Motherboard: MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC
RAM: 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3000 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 590 8GB
Bluetooth & Wifi: Fenvi T919 PCIe
Case: NZXT H510
In addition to everything in the install/post-install guide, I did the following:
- Corrected AMD CPU name in System Info
- Added "RadeonBooster.kext" for good measure, although I'm a little unclear if this kext is for Radeon performance optimizing or for more accurate benchmarking https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ti ... t.2231366/
This was an adventure, but everything feels very stable right now. I've spent some time in Premiere, Photoshop, Pro Tools, Resolve and all feels gooood. However, I have a few lingering issues / questions:
- Mobo Intel LAN isn't working, even with "SmallTreeIntel82576.kext" - In fact, this held up my entire install because I couldn't get past the "Reinstall MacOS screen. It stated that an internet connection was required to continue. I tried Mojave instead with no luck as well, so I just ordered a Fenvi T919 which worked like a charm, plug & play. I would like the LAN to work though, so I'd appreciate any insight here.
- The option to "turn off bluetooth" is greyed out. Is there a fix for this?
- Sleep/Wake isn't working, after the first couple "wake to black screen" issues, I simply disabled sleep. Anyone know where to find the fix?
- I got locked out of iServices using a "throwaway" Apple ID, but (inadvertently) logged in successfully to iCloud with my main Apple ID. Sidecar shows only a black screen on iPad - anyone know where to find the fix?
Cinebench Singlecore: 487
Geekbench Multicore: 7857
Geekbench Singlecore: 1271
Geekbench OpenCL: 34051
Geekbench Metal: 54575