Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
hack mac specs.png
hack mac specs.png (123.33 KiB) Viewed 237 times
Took me just under two days to get to this 98% working point. So happy. This is the first build I'm doing since high-school and I'm now 24 here in Manhattan. Hope everyone is staying safe. Glad I got to turn this virus into something positive and get back into old hobbies.

*100% Functional*
Wifi, Ethernet, Bluetooth
Sleep (Very buggy though)
iCloud, iMessage, iServices
Airdrop, Handoff, Continuity
Updates from App Store
All USB 2.0 & 3.1 Ports

*How I got Wifi AND Bluetooth to work*
Apple Airport Card BCM94360CS2
BCM94360CS2 Card to NGFF(M.2) Key A/E Adapter for Mac OS
&
IOGear USB 4.0 Bluetooth Dongle

*GUIDE*
Follow VANILLA Open-Core Guide https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/

I'm no professional by any means but using some guides to the guide linked above from YouTube made the process a bit smoother and easier. I originally tried to create the USB from a separate Mac. DO NOT do that. Get a second drive, put windows on it, and build the whole boot loader on SAME MACHINE. That was my mistake thinking I could just boot straight into MacOS on a newly built PC.

*TIPS for following GUIDE*
1. Take your time.
2. Some direction in the guide will direct you to make choices and decisions based on the assumption you are connected via ethernet. Make sure to make pay attention and adjust accordingly.
3. Be smart. If something isn't working and you added or input the option correctly, doesn't mean it's not working. Get creative and try to figure it out based on your own system specs and hardware. This helped me out tremendously after so many re-boots.

Please ask me any questions you have.
full screen.png
full screen.png (1.59 MiB) Viewed 237 times
full screen.png
full screen.png (1.59 MiB) Viewed 237 times
Cheers.
Post Merged
The longest issue I had was getting the bluetooth to work on my OOB apple airport card that I switched out on the motherboard.

After two days of fiddling with configs and adding kexts, the solution that worked was getting the IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle. It works seamlessly.

Some small issues I am dealing with is the presence of overall lag throughout the entire system on Mac. I have this all on a fresh SSD but opening apps and the UI itself feels slow and laggy like mentioned.

Not sure if anyone has a fix for this but regardless, hope this build I have helps you.
Attachments
(2.01 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
dozerdozer liked this

Advertising

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]