Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
It's pretty straight forward. The back plate is like 10-12 screws, and the IO Shield is 2-3 screws. There's s a wire connecting the LED from the IO Shield/Shroud to the motherboard, which does not need to be unplugged. The Intel M.2 wifi card is held together by 1 screw, and has 2 antenna leads which need to be popped off and takes 2 seconds if you have a plastic spudger.

Once my new card arrives I'll have to take everything apart once again, so I'll take pictures...
mindquest liked this

Advertising

Card arrived early...

First, due to the back plate of my motherboard, I had to remove the entire motherboard, so I can get to the back plate screws.
IMG_0779.jpeg
IMG_0779.jpeg (3.59 MiB) Viewed 1287 times
I circled all the screws which need to be unscrewed in order to remove the back plate.
IMG_0781.jpeg
IMG_0781.jpeg (2.82 MiB) Viewed 1287 times
Next I had to remove the IO Shroud in order to access the M.2 wifi slot. 2 screws and 1 riser/standoff screw.
IMG_0782.jpeg
IMG_0782.jpeg (3.48 MiB) Viewed 1287 times
Next was just taking out the old card and replacing with the new card. Replacing the antenna leads was the hardest part of this whole thing...

Rebooted and got wifi right away. No BT though. I had forgotten there were kexts which needed to be removed, and also the ACPI section removed the BT, also the USB Map was now screwed up... Removed everything and booted vanilla. Wifi works with no kexts. BT works OOB. I was able to connect my trackpad right away.

Once I get some free time I'll rework the USB map to adjust everything again, but for now everything works.
Attachments
IMG_0786.jpeg
IMG_0786.jpeg (3.39 MiB) Viewed 1287 times
mindquest liked this
marsb007 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:20 pm

Rebooted and got wifi right away. No BT though. I had forgotten there were kexts which needed to be removed, and also the ACPI section removed the BT, also the USB Map was now screwed up... Removed everything and booted vanilla. Wifi works with no kexts. BT works OOB. I was able to connect my trackpad right away.

Would you be able to list exactly what you changed to get the Bluetooth working?? I've got everything installed and installed these 3 kexts BrcmBluetoothInjector
BrcmFirmwareData, and BrcmPatchRAM3. For the life of me though, I can't get it working. Any help would be awesome!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]