Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Does the BT dongle you got work with a USB 2.0 port, or does it need a 3.0 port?

I may end up getting the broadcom wifi / Fenvi card that does not include BT, if your dongle ends up working OOB... I want the path of least resistance here.

AAIK your Gigabyte board does not support Thunderbolt. is this correct?

I guess I don't really need sleep if i'm honest. my main "desktop" between October 2014 and Dec 2019 was MacBookAir connected to an external display and BT keyboard/mouse.. so I got used to using sleep a lot. I don't think my old QX6700 based Hackint0sh that was my main desktop from May 2007-Oct 2014 could sleep either.. but I can't recall at the moment.

Thank you again for all this help.

i'm sort of an OC noob. (i'm an expert at Chameleon bootloader if anyone remembers that -- I also suck at Clover -- oops..) -- should I do an OC snapshot to add the USBMap-GygabyteXtreme.kext to my config.plist?

Advertising

Galve2000 wrote:Does the BT dongle you got work with a USB 2.0 port, or does it need a 3.0 port?

I may end up getting the broadcom wifi / Fenvi card that does not include BT, if your dongle ends up working OOB... I want the path of least resistance here.

AAIK your Gigabyte board does not support Thunderbolt. is this correct?

I guess I don't really need sleep if i'm honest. my main "desktop" between October 2014 and Dec 2019 was MacBookAir connected to an external display and BT keyboard/mouse.. so I got used to using sleep a lot. I don't think my old QX6700 based Hackint0sh that was my main desktop from May 2007-Oct 2014 could sleep either.. but I can't recall at the moment.

Thank you again for all this help.

i'm sort of an OC noob. (i'm an expert at Chameleon bootloader if anyone remembers that -- I also suck at Clover -- oops..) -- should I do an OC snapshot to add the USBMap-GygabyteXtreme.kext to my config.plist?
Dongle works in either 2.0 or 3.0. Should work OOB (certainly with everything in the kext folder), since it's working for me perfectly fine.
My Xtreme board does support thunderbolt, and it does have a header. With that being said, I dont have thunderbolt devices, so I dont have anything plugged into it. I have no idea how well it works...

You can just add the last USB map to your OC folder overwriting the old file. No need to snapshot again.
ckrueger99 liked this
@marsb007

Dump resource folder do not help. Could you please give more detail of "revert build in boot menu"?

Thanks
marsb007 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:33 am In Misc --> Boot --> PickerMode change from External to Builtin
Dump resource and switch to "Builtin", it boot to apple logo for 2 seconds then restart. I tried iMacPro1,1 BIOS.

Thanks for your reply.
marsb007 wrote: My Xtreme board does support thunderbolt, and it does have a header. With that being said, I dont have thunderbolt devices, so I dont have anything plugged into it. I have no idea how well it works...
This is excellent news... your Mobo is kind of outside my price range, but the inclusion of the TB header (weather it works perfectly or not) has me looking at it much more closely now.

I was looking at the AsRock X570 Taichi but have always preferred Gigabyte Mobos and the Gigabyte TB AIC seems to work better with Hackintosh.

I note you use audio port mapping 2 in bootargs. is this the most comparable for your specific Mobo? in all the tutorials I have read, everyone uses port map 1, did you manually test your audio ports, or did you find that option 2 worked better than option 1?

thanks again for all your help.
Ngoc Nguyen wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:14 pm
marsb007 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:33 am In Misc --> Boot --> PickerMode change from External to Builtin
Dump resource and switch to "Builtin", it boot to apple logo for 2 seconds then restart. I tried iMacPro1,1 BIOS.

Thanks for your reply.
If you use Builtin, delete the Resource folder.

I would also use the -v bootflag then to also figure out what’s going on and where your panic occurs. There’s also a debug file that gets dumped in the EFI partition so you might want to check for errors.

You’re probably better off trying the Master or Elite EFI folders too. Those boards might be more similar to your setup.
Post Merged
Galve2000 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:06 pm
marsb007 wrote: My Xtreme board does support thunderbolt, and it does have a header. With that being said, I dont have thunderbolt devices, so I dont have anything plugged into it. I have no idea how well it works...
This is excellent news... your Mobo is kind of outside my price range, but the inclusion of the TB header (weather it works perfectly or not) has me looking at it much more closely now.

I was looking at the AsRock X570 Taichi but have always preferred Gigabyte Mobos and the Gigabyte TB AIC seems to work better with Hackintosh.

I note you use audio port mapping 2 in bootargs. is this the most comparable for your specific Mobo? in all the tutorials I have read, everyone uses port map 1, did you manually test your audio ports, or did you find that option 2 worked better than option 1?

thanks again for all your help.
I’m not really sure why I used mapping 2 vs. 1. I use the line out (green) as I like having control over the volume. With SPDIF you lose that. Once I plugged it in, it was a setting that I left alone since it worked fine for what I needed it. Is it the best? I don’t know...
marsb007 wrote: eI’m not really sure why I used mapping 2 vs. 1. I use the line out (green) as I like having control over the volume. With SPDIF you lose that. Once I plugged it in, it was a setting that I left alone since it worked fine for what I needed it. Is it the best? I don’t know...
i've never used the SPDIF port in any PC i've ever had.. I too like the green port for my "external" speakers. I guess it's not that difficult to choose option 1 or 2. thanks again!
So it started bugging me that wifi and BT weren't working out of the box... so I took out the motherboard, figured out how to remove the IO shield (remove the screws from the back plate, then there's 3 screws holding it in place), and removed the Intel Wifi module. Seems it's an A/E module. https://www.amazon.com/Authentic-Intel- ... 166&sr=1-5. So I ordered this instead, which seems it would work. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083Y ... UTF8&psc=1. It should take approximately 1 week to get to me so I can see whether it works or not.

On a side note, I installed a 10 GB SFP+ connection card. The card is made by Sonnet. Worked out of the box for those interested. I probably could have used the 10GB Aquantia port on the motherboard, but I didn't have a Cat7 cable nor an SFP+ ethernet module, so if I was going to buy new things, I went the LC/LC cable route.

Also replaced the Noctua D15 with the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280. It quieted the case from quiet to ultra quiet. Temperatures have been holding steady at around 34-35C (ambient temp is 23.8C/75F). When my AC kicks in and ambient drops to 72-73F, it'll go to 31-32. Installation was a royal PIA, which honestly required figuring out how to hold the back plate in place. Other than that, it's a 1 wire installation. The radiator is in the front, with a push config (for now). I'm waiting for an extra set of screws to set up push/pull. I assume it'll drop down 1-2C, but more than that, it'll give extra ventilation to the other components, while likely being able to drop the RPM of the fans to the 600rpm mark (now they're in the 700s).
Last edited by marsb007 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mindquest liked this
marsb007 wrote:So it started bugging me that wifi and BT weren't working out of the box... so I took out the motherboard, figured out how to remove the IO shield (remove the screws from the back plate, then there's 3 screws holding it in place), and removed the Intel Wifi module. Seems it's an A/E module. https://www.amazon.com/WiFi-AX200-PCs-8 ... B07TLBNSZQ. So I ordered this instead, which seems it would work. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083Y ... UTF8&psc=1. It should take approximately 1 week to get to me so I can see whether it works or not.
Looking forward to hearing if the BCM94360NG works! And how good the Bluetooth range is.

BTW how hard was it to open up the I/O shield and screws? Wondering how fragile the momo is for this kind of hack. Can you take a pic of the new card on the momo before you close it up?

This thread might be relevant: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/work ... 60.292767/

Thanks!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]