Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
I returned my Aorus Master and got the Xtreme, since I wanted to build an extremely quiet computer. Here's the build:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X
Cooler: Noctua D15
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
RAM: 64GB Ballistix DDR4 3600MHz
Graphics: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming 8GB
NVME: Sabrent PCIe 4.0 1TB
Ethernet: Aquantia 10G lan and Gigabit Lan both work
Bluetooth: Internal Deactivated - Using this USB adapter
Wifi: Not working
Case: Fractal Define 7

For the most part, the Xtreme is very similar to the Master. Obviously the Xtreme does not have the PCH fan, and VRMs are supposed to be beefed up. Some of the internal headers are different too, Xtreme only has 1 internal USB2.0 port, Master has 2.

Overall, if you want a very quiet PC, it's worth the premium, especially if you use the Aquantia 10G lan. I run the 3 Noctua intake fans and 1 Noctua exhaust fan at approximately 550-600 rpm. The CPU cooler fans are about the same. The PC is virtually inaudible from about 1-2 ft away. Amazingly, the PCH temperature on the Xtreme is much lower without the fan (see attachments).

Both the Master and Xtreme benchmark about the same, so the only practical difference is the noise. I OC'ed the Xtreme and got 4.3 Ghz @ 1.3V. No issue whatsoever, and running benchmarks my temps were 60-65, on an air cooler... As expected, the single core numbers went up, multithread down.
Attachments
Xtreme
Xtreme
IMG_0609.jpeg (3.97 MiB) Viewed 2586 times
Master
Master
IMG_0604.jpeg (4.4 MiB) Viewed 2586 times
Last edited by marsb007 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mindquest, LP1209 liked this

Advertising

Please add your own Platform Information. Also, download the Resources folder as required by OpenCanopy. It's too large to attach with the files in there.
Attachments
(3.97 MiB) Downloaded 114 times
Hummer, Galve2000 liked this
How did you go about creating your usb map kext? I haven't seen one quite this detailed with all the ports labeled, etc. I'm trying to create one for my Aorus x570 Pro Wifi using the guide. But since USBInjectAll.kext doesn't seem to work for Ryzen chips, not all the ports are visible from macOS. Thanks.
marsb007 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:06 pm 0.5.7
Please add your own Platform Information. Also, download the Resources folder as required by OpenCanopy. It's too large to attach with the files in there.
Thank you for sharing your EFI. Can you help with Resources folder, I used the sample from this link : https://github.com/acidanthera/OcBinaryData
and got this error: "OCUI: Failed to load images"

About overclock, mine can run 4.3 at 1.3v like yours but only with RAM untouch. As long as I set RAM at 3600 it crash. Can you share you BIOS setting?

Thanks again.
Thank you for sharing your EFI..

does it Sleep??

no need to include bootargs like agdpmod=pikera for use with the RX 5700 XT??

thank you in advance for taking the time to reply and for including the link to that USB dongle..

have you tried using the Fenvi card for wifi? (handoff is one of the things on Mac that I cannot live without... I wish they would just allow handoff through ethernet!!)
Ngoc Nguyen wrote:Thank you for sharing your EFI. Can you help with Resources folder, I used the sample from this link : https://github.com/acidanthera/OcBinaryData
and got this error: "OCUI: Failed to load images"
Dump the Resources folder outside the OC Folder and see if that works (see attachment)... If that doesn't work, you can always revert back to the "BuiltIn" option in the boot menu. It'll go away. The one thing that I did notice is that the Timeout is disabled while using OpenCanopy. Not a huge deal, but it's not working for me. When I revert back to the built in module, it works again.
Post Merged
Ngoc Nguyen wrote: About overclock, mine can run 4.3 at 1.3v like yours but only with RAM untouch. As long as I set RAM at 3600 it crash. Can you share you BIOS setting?
Just the XMP profile... and boosted the clock to 4.3 @ 1.3v. You have a different board (Master v. Xtreme) and RAM (GSkill v. Crucial) than I do. Might be the difference...
Post Merged
Galve2000 wrote:does it Sleep??
No. It's my main desktop. It pretty much stays on 24/7. It didn't on 0.5.6. I haven't tried 0.5.7 but I don't expect it to.
Post Merged
Galve2000 wrote:no need to include bootargs like agdpmod=pikera for use with the RX 5700 XT??

thank you in advance for taking the time to reply and for including the link to that USB dongle..

have you tried using the Fenvi card for wifi? (handoff is one of the things on Mac that I cannot live without... I wish they would just allow handoff through ethernet!!)
Having the boot argument doesn't have a negative impact that I could see. However, thanks for the heads up. I'll probably experiment and remove it. I tried the Fenvi when I had the Master, but couldn't really get it to work correctly for BT, so I returned the whole thing. I'm getting set up for 10Gbe SFP+ so I don't really have much use for the wifi.
Post Merged
cspack77 wrote:How did you go about creating your usb map kext? I haven't seen one quite this detailed with all the ports labeled, etc.
I took 10 minutes and literally plugged both a USB 2.0 and 3.0 in all the ports, while monitoring it in IORegistry Explorer. Labeled the ports according to what popped up. Glad it helps. (I do believe there may be a slight issue with the USB 2.0 ports for the front panel. I did go ahead and rework the map so just overwrite the old file in the EFI folder with the new kext. Front USB 2.0 ports should now work. )
Attachments
(3.24 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Resources.png
Resources.png (25.13 KiB) Viewed 2282 times
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]