Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Hardware List
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
  • MB: ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming (non-WiFi)
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
  • GPU: Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX 5500 XT
  • SSD: Gigabyte AORUS 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD (OS X Catalina 10.15.3)
  • SSD: Transcend 512GB NVMe SSD (Windows 10)
  • PS: Corsair RM750 750W Power Supply
  • NW: Broadcom 802.11n WiFi+Bluetooth 4.0 PC Desktop WLAN Card Adapter for Mac OS - BCM94331csax
  • NZXT Kraken X72 360mm Water Cooler
  • Titan Army C34SW Ultrawide monitor

OpenCore Vanilla Config:
https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/openc ... amd-config

Kexts
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
  • VirtualSMC.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
Drivers
  • ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  • FwRuntimeServices.efi
  • VBoxHfs.efi
  • VirtualSmc.efi

EFI Folder: (replace the serial numbers)
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 111 times

EFI Config file: (replace the serial numbers)
(5.07 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

GeekBench Score:
Single Core = 1319
Single Core is faster than all Mac models on GeekBench.

Multi-Core = 14200.
Multi core is around the same as "Mac Pro (2019) Intel Xeon W-3245 @ 3.2 GHz (16 cores)" = 14571

Working:
OS X Catalina 10.15.3
Bluetooth - Keyboard + Apple Mouse. Occasionally drops out and reconnects. Not a large range < 2m is more reliable
WiFi
Ethernet
iMessage
iCloud Drive
Filevault
Audio
Xcode - Almost Perfect. It builds OS X/iOS projects very well. So far the only issue is a build error for an iOS app project that includes an Apple Watch app. The build error is generated by the step to compile the watch images into the watch app. It appears to be an issue in the command line build tool. I had to build a custom tool to manually copy the compiled watch images into the app.

Not Working:
Sleep
VMWare Fusion - As expected. Errors: "AMD-V" Might be disabled + "This host does not support AMD RVI hardware"
For a scheduled shutdown, it usually hangs after appearing to close all applications if there are several applications open. It just shows the background screen image with no icons. Not sure if this is related to the hardware but I wrote an AppleScript app to close all applications before the shutdown schedule.

Background
I was looking for a high speed/thread count CPU to use for building apps with Xcode. The 3950X works great for this purpose. Xcode uses all 32 threads to give it incredible compile/build performance.

Summary
I am very impressed with the performance and compatibility of this build. Apart from a minor Xcode build tool issue (above) this works great for me. The documentation was great and enabled me to build a custom config.plist file to suit this hardware.

Thanks to all of those who built the tools and documentation to allow us to build Hackintoshes like this.
Tim97 liked this

Advertising

Thanks. I used your config and it worked great. Same board but I used a 3900x, 32gb ballistix ram. RX580 video.

I’m not sure if it was just me but I thought the Ethernet was slower than what I previously had, so I ended up using a dedicated Sonnet card I had from my prior build.

Have you been able to get the CPU temp to report?
Have you tried this for CPU temp reporting, https://github.com/trulyspinach/SMCAMDProcessor
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]