Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Hey guys, this is my first ever hackintosh build. I got zero knowledge with this before and I have to trial and error along the way. Thankfully there are many useful guides. I'll share my experience now.

All specs:
Ryzen 3700X
B450m Mortar Max
Sapphire Rx5700 XT Nitro +
Corsair 3200Mhz DDR4 16G x 2
WD_sn750 500G for Win10
Toshiba RD500 1T for Catalina

Kexts:
WhateverGreen.kext
AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
VoodooHDA.kext

Drivers:
ApfsDriverLoader.efi
AppleGenericInput.efi
AppleUiSupport.efi
AptioMemoryFix.efi
HFSPlus.efi
VirtualSmc.efi

What works:
Almost everything. I build this hackintosh for data analysis. I installed anaconda3 and xcode without major issues. I encounter some well-known problems such as incompatibility with Intel MKL. From my understanding of all search results, it seems that Intel MKL is not that friendly with Ryzen cpus. One workaround would be to set MKL_Debug_type = 5 (something like this). First it was a success, was able to import pandas and read_csv. Then I found out that after reading csv files larger than a few megabytes, the kernal just crashed. Still don't know why. Eventually I uninstalled intel MKL and installed openblas. No same issues.

Filevault is working.

Bluetooth works. I used a bluetooth usb driver bought online. works both on windows and MacOS.

What doesn't work:
Sleep. After some inactivity, the screen goes black and I could not wake up my hackintosh anymore. I had to restart.
Shutdown. It takes a couple of minutes to shut down. Really slow.

Not tests:
Wifi. I bought an original wireless card used in apple products. Still on shipping.

Others:
About my mac not reading my ryzen cpu. All i get is 3.6Ghz.
Wallpaper for catalina is broken. But others are fine.

Advertising

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]