Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Not sure if your system will work? Ask for help with a compatibility check.
Here's the components I'm considering. I'd love to get some feedback and thoughts if anyone has experience with this setup, or most importantly TRX40 chipset in general as it's quite new :-)

MSI TRX40 PRO WIFI, Socket-sTRX4 (found kext for both land and audio)
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 64GB 3200mhz
Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 5700 XT

Fun fact: This build should in theory perform better than a 28-core mac pro in both Cinebench and Geekbench! :-O

Thanks!
Kent Løset

Advertising

benmingli wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:14 am Who wouldn't want a 3960x? You will get better performance than a 20k mac pro
hi..
I do not want a 3960x :)
because i have a pretty similar rigs with a 3970x

to be serious and on topic
it si a good configuratio but for now not compatible with hackintosj ;)
I know.
Actual patches produce an instant reboot after endseed stage
Tested with clover and OC, different OSX different aptio memory efi file
with Asus zenith II, Gigabyte Designare and MSI i own
I will follow your progress! :)
In exactly the same boat...

Been attempting for the last few days to no avail, even struggling to get Proxmox loading with MacOS following Nick Sherlocks guides.

3960X,Gigabyte Aurus Master TRX40..
Been looking around to find a success story, as I have thought build a similar setup to upgrade from current intel Hackintosh.

a good place to start with knowing that currently it’s not working yet :x

Anyway, will still jump ship and proceed to build the new PC with 3960X+Asus Zenith Extreme II, and be adventurous as everyone here.

By the way, does anyone see the reason not going for the top end TRX40 motherboard eg having more incompatibility issue ?
Hi @mercury
at this stage best result is a ++++++++++++++++ line after random end seed
you can also see memap error but system stop before loading any thing
I know some people is in touch with new patches but for now no success I know
Problem could be a combination of motherboard bios or incompatible patches
I think also @shanee and @XNLC are working on it :)
drlove liked this
Hey @fabiosun,
Thanks for the heads up. looking forward to contribute with this configuration soon.

I am thinking if wanted to get Zenith Extreme II or Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme, it appears that the 10Gbe Lan on Gigabyte is Intel X550-AT2 which is not native supported in MacOS unlike the one on Zenith Extreme II
Hi all! I'm new to this community, but very impressed and excited to become a part of it. :thumbup:
My background is primarily in iOS software and open source (I was lucky to be a part of iPhone OS 1.0 at Apple). With macOS such a big part of my life, I'm excited to hack the kernel and get it running on Threadripper.

While I feel more equipped to debug issues in later boot stages, after trying different ASLR flags and failing to get past the memory-map error, I'm quite stumped. I always get past the random seed initialization with my initial config but hit the memory-map error, and also while booting in safe mode, I seem to get farther — but still hang when loading kernel cache (error 0x9).

Safe Mode console output:
See attachment:
Threadripper 3960x Safe Mode Boot - Error Loading Kernel Cache 0x9.jpg
Threadripper 3960x Safe Mode Boot - Error Loading Kernel Cache 0x9.jpg (428.38 KiB) Viewed 756 times
Regular / non-Safe Mode console output (note I'd changed a few settings by this point and that resulted in not getting past the random init, I'll try to get the full text of the memory map error if it is of interest): See attachment:
Threadripper 3960x Regular Boot - Memory Mapping Failure after End RandomSeed.jpg
Threadripper 3960x Regular Boot - Memory Mapping Failure after End RandomSeed.jpg (209.76 KiB) Viewed 756 times
Attached is my EFI folder:
(3.77 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
. I understand there is likely not yet a fix available in the community, but I would love to be a part of testing various theories, especially if there is anyone around who is curious to pair up on debugging this hardware but may not have it available to them. Secondarily, I have the parts for a x570 build I was planning to return (unopened), but am wondering if this issue is likely tricky enough that 3rd-gen Threadripper bring-up will be a long term project to figure out.

I'd be glad to FaceTime or just go back-and-forth on random theories to see what might chart a path forward for the community on TRX40/3rd gen hardware. Just to link the issues together, here is a report on GitHub which is remarkably similar: https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/602 (I added a comment at the bottom too).

System details:
MB: Gigabyte TRX40 Designare
CPU: Threadripper 3960x
RAM: 16GB Corsair 2666MHz ECC (running 1 DIMM, planning to add a lot more but haven't inserted it yet as I assumed this would be less troublesome)
SSD: Sabrent M.2 NVME (PCIE 4.0)
GPU: ASUS 7850 (yes, lol - also have a 280x and am considering a Radeon VII if I can get the rest working).
Guide: Followed (closely) the OpenCore Vanilla guide: https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/openc ... top-guide/

Graphics seem to be working fine both in the early boot text and also in Windows.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]