Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
by: onelazymofo
Hello,

I have a system with AMD Phenom 1100T X6 up and running, thanks to the USB image by Shanee. I have everything (wifi, ethernet, sound) working except for graphics. I have tried modifying the kexts to recognize my graphics card ID without luck; anyone in here have better luck with this card: ATI FirePro v4800?

Thanks

Edit: Well, got it working :thumbup:

I am not sure what I did differently, I updated the AMD5000Controller.kext/Info.plist file to include the device ID 0x68c81002
Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 2.23.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 2.23.04 PM.png (3.28 MiB) Viewed 409 times
BUT

it is laggy, any fix for this?

Edit 2:
Lads! I have it working with full acceleration now :D

Turns out I needed to update the AMDRadeonX3000.kext with the device specifications as well. The FirePro v4800 is a derivative of the Redwood GPU and one has to update the corresponding <key> in the kext.

The systems seems pretty stable so far, I will be duplicating the same system on another partition next.

Cheers!

Advertising

by: letrain
I know you posted a while ago but this really helped with my v4800 gpu passthrough. video works great. however I can't get audio to work. so I'm wondering how you got that to work for you?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]