Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: redband123
I see that the AMD kernel has been updated to Darwin 15.4.0.
Can you tell us if it improves performance, loading and stability for an AMD Athlon II CPU?
Is the Shaneee-10.11.x-RC2 from the Download page the Darwin 15.4.0 update. If not where to download same.

Is it possible to use the same kernel for an upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra 10.12? Anyone tried it yet

Mike

Advertising

by: Shaneee
It makes the system a little more responsive. It fixes the issue where Helper Tools wouldn't install.

The kernel won't work on Sierra. Need to wait till Apple release the source code for the kernel.

Edit: Here is RC3 built to Darwin 15.5.0. I'll upload it to the downloads page soon.
Code: Select all
Darwin Shaneees-Pro 15.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 15.5.0: Sat 23 Jul 2016 21:59:51 BST; root:xnu-3248.50.21/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Attachments
(4.16 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
by: redband123
O.K. Thanks for the updated kernel.

Just one thing - what are the files in the System folder?. Do I put all these files in S/L/E and replace any that maybe there, or, what?
by: Valkiry
redband123 wrote:O.K. Thanks for the updated kernel.

Just one thing - what are the files in the System folder?. Do I put all these files in S/L/E and replace any that maybe there, or, what?
Yes place in S/L/E and repair permissions with KCPM utility and rebuild cache.
redband123 wrote:O.K. Thanks for the updated kernel.

It's not a System folder it's one kext that contains others. Install the System.kext into S/L/E and the kernel to S/L/K and rebuild the prelinkedkernel.
by: achamate
Prelinked kernel is the same as fixing permission with kext wizard or EasyKext?
Not sure about EasyKext but kext wizard won't do it on El Capitan. Kext utility will but so does the terminal commands.
by: achamate
I will never use terminal again jajajaa. Just kidding. Anyway, Easykext pro only works in Capy, the thing is you better wait until its says COMPLETED in notifications or system becomes corrupted. Oh my patience!
I prefer terminal as I know what it's doing. Kext utility is good or KCPM Utility if you want ease of use.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]