Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: redband123
Shaneee wrote:No need to give up yet :geek: Give this kernel a go. This is the one I boot my system with.
kernel.zip
As for the USB issues take a look here,
Code: Select all
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/521-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/
OK I replaced the kernel and installed all the kext from usb-fix-for-el-capitan. Was able to boot to ElCapitan drive to complete the installation and got to the Welcome screen and tried to click on the United Kingdom but found that my mouse was not working so tried the keyboard but was only able to bring up the voice over screen. I also have a wacom tablet and pen which worked when using the USB Installer but not in this.

So I have overcome the AppleUSBEHCI stop & restart problem but can't use a mouse or Wacom pen to complete the installation.

I have tried the bootflag USBBusFix=Yes and no joy. Perhaps I should install DummyUSB Kexts. What do you think?

Advertising

by: Shaneee
Strange the USB fix normally works fine after the instalation. Try a different USB port for your mouse and if it doesn't work try the bootflag USBLegacyOff=Yes
Shaneee wrote:Strange the USB fix normally works fine after the instalation. Try a different USB port for your mouse and if it doesn't work try the bootflag USBLegacyOff=Yes
No joy with either bootflags or different USB ports
Have uninstalled all the kexts from USBFix v2 and replaced the kexts from USBInstaller and adding DummyUSB Kext
but same problem no mouse and effectively no keyboard except when pressing Esc key to bring up VoiceOver.

Why does the mouse Tablet Pen and keyboard work with the USBInstaller but not when booting into ElCapitan Drive to finish the installation?
What motherboard do you have? When I search what you posted in first post it comes up with two.

Try restoring the original kexts that were replaced by the USB fix. You may get the AppleUSBEHCI stop & restart problem but there won't be the OPCODE error so it will boot for diagnosis.
Shaneee wrote:What motherboard do you have? When I search what you posted in first post it comes up with two.

Try restoring the original kexts that were replaced by the USB fix. You may get the AppleUSBEHCI stop & restart problem but there won't be the OPCODE error so it will boot for diagnosis.
Yes your correct I posted 2 motherboards. It is in fact MSI 770-C45 series it has AMD 770 chipset and AMD SB710 chipset with 6 USB 2.0 Ports.

I have already restored the original kexts to replace the USBFix. There is little point in booting with the -v flag as it successfully boots up and therefore would not show any errors. Comparing the USB kexts in USB OS X Base System Extensions with those in ElCapitan Extensions I have AppleUSBFTDI.kext in ElCapitan but not in USB OS X Base System Extensions.

I am at a loss .
redband123 wrote:
Shaneee wrote:What motherboard do you have? When I search what you posted in first post it comes up with two.

As a further aside - when i move my keyboard and mouse to different ports I get IOSerialFamily.kext and IONetworkingFamiliy.kext "was installed improperly and cannot be used" .
Is this of any import.

I think I may have to go through the whole time consuming process of reinstalling from scratch.
Yeah sounds like the kexts permissions have got mixed up somehow. Reinstall but don't apply the USB Fix once it's installed this time.
Shaneee wrote:Yeah sounds like the kexts permissions have got mixed up somehow. Reinstall but don't apply the USB Fix once it's installed this time.
At last got it installed. I reinstalled and when it got to restarting the PC i shut it down and replaced the kernel and deleted AppleTyMCEDriver.kext. rebooted using USB Installer selected El Capitan using same bootflags as for the USB Installer i.e. -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000 USBBusFix=Yes.

Now I have the problem of only 2 USB ports working. From the Info.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext/Contents - there are 8 ports listed with ports 7 & 8 having a value of 255 the rest are 0. I could remove the port restrictions by deleting the Port Count and Ports but I have no idea how to reinstate them if it does not work and this method is dependent on the smbios.plist used which in my case is MacPro 3.1 which I have always used for both Mvericks and Yosemite.
Alternatively I could try installing the 2 DummyUSB kexts and see if that works.
Or try USB-Fix El Capitan v3 and installing all the kexts contained therein and deleting the kexts listed in the instructions.
I don't know which would be the safest option.
The Ethernet Connection is not working probably because El Capitan thinks it is connected to a USB Port.

Can I ask; Is kext-dev-mode=1 necessary in org.chameleon.Boot.plist?
redband123 wrote:
Shaneee wrote:Yeah sounds like the kexts permissions have got mixed up somehow. Reinstall but don't apply the USB Fix once it's installed this time.
Just an update.
Managed to get USB ports working using DummyUSB.kext
Now I need to get my Ethernet LAN working since I did not say that I was connected to the Internet during installation.
I also need to install sound kext, but I cannot do this with Multibeast (El Capitan Version) - I get install failure "cannot mount EFI" odd really as I don't appear to have an EFI partition.
My LAN is Realtek RTL 8111DL
My audio Chip integrated by Realtek® aLC888S/ aLC885
redband123 wrote:
redband123 wrote:
Just an update.
Managed to get USB ports working using DummyUSB.kext
Now I need to get my Ethernet LAN working since I did not say that I was connected to the Internet during installation.
I also need to install sound kext, but I cannot do this with Multibeast (El Capitan Version) - I get install failure "cannot mount EFI" odd really as I don't appear to have an EFI partition.
My LAN is Realtek RTL 8111DL
My audio Chip integrated by Realtek® aLC888S/ aLC885
Glad you got your USB working :thumbup: As for your Audio. Because you have an AMD Chipset you can't use a patched AppleHDA but instead must use VoodooHDA. Install the kext in the archive below with the app Kext Wizard which I've also packaged.
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 28 times
For your ethernet. Take a look at this page,
Code: Select all
http://lnx2mac.blogspot.co.uk/p/realtekrtl81xx-osx-driver.html
You want to download, "RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90.pkg (Google Docs)"
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]