Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

I believe so. nForceLan.kext was the first one I tried. It ended up with the LAN port not even being turned on (no lights on on the motherboard indicators or on the switch). Maybe I went about it the wrong way or I used a broken version.

EDIT: NVIDIA nForce MCP78 is, apparently, the chipset, if it helps

Advertising

Try this one. I've used this on 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 and 10.11 for my MCP61
Attachments
(63.49 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Should I be dropping kexts in S/L/E, L/E, or /Extras? Should I be using a tool like Kext Wizard or Kext Utility?

EDIT: VoodooHDA worked great. NForceLAN got me almost there. LAN card was up, failed to get DHCP lease, and killed my switch. As soon as I plugged it in, all other equipment plugged into the same switch lost network connection. No joy :(
by: Shaneee
Ahh your having the same issue another member here had. Unfortuantly we couldn't find a fix for it. The best option is to find a compatible PCI LAN or WiFi card.
Try a USB Ethernet or Wifi device and see if that works? Or USB Tether to your phone?
Oh, I definitely will. I just don't have any of those lying around, and I'd rather see if I can get something I don't have to pay for first :P. As for tethering, that will probably work, but I will leave it as a last resort. I'd like all my devices to be on the same subnet.

EDIT: Heh. When it rains, it pours. Turns out I can't tether because my phone's tethering app just dies whenever I try to tether via USB while connected to WiFi, and I am not about to max out my data plan :P. Not relevant to OS X, just thought it was funny... Still looking for a PCI/USB card. Will update when everything is working.
I got NForceLan.kext working. I found an obscure post buried deep in some forum where someone went into /System/Library/Extensions/NForceLan.kext/Contents/Info.plist and changed DisableMSI to true. I don't know if it has any side effects yet, but I got a DHCP lease and I've got network access without knocking all other devices from the network.
That's great. Tried that with the other member and it didn't work but glad it did for you.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]