- Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:38 am
I'll give you a quick run down on how I got el capitan. It's going to be short and sweet, if you need me to elaborate on some parts let me know. I'm on my phone at the moment.
1. Format USB for el cap
2. *I used El capitan box for the resoration of "install el capitan.app", you can follow Shane's guide but itstill time consuming and I'm lazy.
3. Copy 10.11.5 amd kernel to S/L/Kernels or what ever 11.x version you are using.
4. Install enoch latest and select your USB as installation location.
5. Copy Shane's extra folder over, use Chameleon wizard to edit your boot args,yet again im simple and lazy and it works as config is exactly like chameleons. ( I used -v -f msibase=0x90 npci=0x2000 USBBusFix=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No kext-dev-mode=1 Ethernetbuiltin=yes)
5. Install Insanelymacs usb fix v3 to Extra/Extensions and also install your fakesmc and nullcpupowermanagement to this location. Do not install any kexts to S/L/E.
6. Remove Required kexts from S/L/E from the USB fix page. Just make a back up of them just in case for later.
7. Just use kext utility to pack everything up and after its done delete prelinkedkernel from inside S/L/Prelinkedkernel.
8. Close everything up and shutdown.
9. Reboot and see how you go.
10. You should get to the install screen andisplay be able to install.
I only ever got to install, booting never worked so I gave up for the mean time and went on to my yosemite 10.5 build
Operating Systems:Windows 10 Pro x64
-AMDFx 9370 @5.0Ghz With Corsair H100i
-Nvidia GTX 1080 G1 8Gb DDR5X
-16Gb G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz DDR3SD
-Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0
Storage:4TB***2TB Mac- Partition at 500gb (Yos,ElCap,you backup,exfat shared)***120GB Samsung Evo Pro 840 SSD (Windows OS)***2TB WD Portable VM Hackingstation