Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: Du'Islingr
Seriously this thing is just determined to hate me lol. Instead of clover i installed enoch in efi mode which works and i included the usb fix obviously and added smbios to the extras folder in efi
253765B1-17FC-4CDC-9ADD-030EF2DF1D2F.JPG
253765B1-17FC-4CDC-9ADD-030EF2DF1D2F.JPG (1.56 MiB) Viewed 584 times

Advertising

by: Shaneee
I get the same error when booting without the caches. You can try the following for each kext that showed as having the wrong permissions,
Code: Select all
sudo chmod -R 755 Name.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel Name.kext
If you type the command in missing out the Name.kext you can drag the kext needing repaired onto the terminal window. This will need done for all the kexts showing permission problems. Once repaired try to rebuild the prelinkedkernel again.
For some reason commands are refusing to do it. see i do one file and still says the exact same file does not have correct permissions
AMDs-Mac-Pro:~ amdosx$ sudo chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions/AHCIPortInjector.kext
Password:
AMDs-Mac-Pro:~ amdosx$ sudo chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions/AHCIPortInjector.kext
AMDs-Mac-Pro:~ amdosx$ sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/"OS X Base System"
/Volumes/OS X Base System locked; waiting for lock.
Lock acquired; proceeding.
USBInjectAll.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
IOUSBHostHIDDevice.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
GenericUSBXHCI.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
AppleUSBXHCI.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
AppleUSBUHCIPCI.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
AppleUSBUHCI.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
AppleUSBOHCIPCI.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
AppleUSBOHCI.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
AppleUSBHub.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
AppleUSBHostMergeProperties.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
AppleUSBHostCompositeDevice.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
AppleUSBEHCI.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
IOUSBHostFamily.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
AHCIPortInjector.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
Ok try this app. Simply drag the USB Volume onto the app icon and enter your password,
http://cvad-mac.narod.ru/index/0-4
Dude uhm you gave me this exact same utility 2 pages back or even the first page. Anyways it also will not change permissions. I run it several tomes and let it sit there the 15-30 minutes it takes to go through all the files and still kextcache spits out incorrect permissions. It simply will not do it. I have no idea why.
by: Valkiry
Try place the USB fix in extra/extensions, but do it with a fresh install. I wasn't able to get Shaneee usb v3 fix to work, I used insanelymacs fix v3 on 11.5, vanilla but installed kexts to extra/extensionSystem only. To much messing around with permissions and installing to S/L/E. Placing kexts in extra/extensions overrides S/L/E kexts.
Du'Islingr wrote:Dude uhm you gave me this exact same utility 2 pages back or even the first page. Anyways it also will not change permissions. I run it several tomes and let it sit there the 15-30 minutes it takes to go through all the files and still kextcache spits out incorrect permissions. It simply will not do it. I have no idea why.
Sorry forgot that I had already suggested that. Try what Valkiry has suggested.
I finally got it to rebuild the cache.

I used the USBFix mentioned above followed the directions to delete the other files that cause conflicts, but I did not use the Extras Folder. I was able to get it to function properly by rebooting the Yosemite VM with the kext-dev-mode boot flag and after restoring the Base System image to the usb i opened the drives info and clicked the security lock and unchecked the ignore ownership box. I noticed that before the drive was constantly doing something and I had no idea what was using it. This way since it requires me to run as root to do anything, nothing else is able to do anything with it other than the tasks I'm trying to perform. Then I was finally able to get kext utility to do its job, then the cache was rebuilt. All thats left is for me to test the install now :p
Ok so first i had a freeze at pci config so added npci=0x2000 flag now its frozen here or loading extremely slow for some reason.
BA4A06E6-9FD7-44A3-80F7-5174BF909E3E.JPG
BA4A06E6-9FD7-44A3-80F7-5174BF909E3E.JPG (1.86 MiB) Viewed 567 times
Sometimes the GPU can cause it to stop here. What do you have?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]