Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

okay so I spent 2 hours making the installer and fallowing the video carefully. so i plug my usb drive in to a 2.0 port on my computer (soon to be hackntosh) boot into the flash drive, press enter and it does its thing (lots of text) then it started displaying the same text over and over.
AppleUSBEHCI : :StopUSBBus
Then
AppleUSBEHCI : :RestartUSBBus
I'm new to this hackntosh thing so sorry if its a simple problem

My Specs
AMD FX6300
Evga GTX 660
ASRock 990FX Killer
SanDisk Crurzer Edge 8GB USB 2.0 flash drive

[FOR OTHER PEOPLE WITH THIS ISSUE]
The solution that worked for me was to follow this post viewtopic.php?f=23&t=196 and use this boot flag USBBusFix=Yes

Shaneee please move the answer box to this post to make it easier for others to find. (I clicked the wrong post and don't know how to move it to this one)
Thanks
Last edited by Daryn on Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Advertising

No. 1, Did you configure your Bios first to be able to install OSX
No.2 Have you booted using -v as the boot arg, could also try - USBBusFix=Yes..
Take a look at this post, viewtopic.php?f=23&t=196
gazza35 wrote:No. 1, Did you configure your Bios first to be able to install OSX
No.2 Have you booted using -v as the boot arg, could also try - USBBusFix=Yes..

Yes I have configured the bios (I have had lion running fine before), if i do -v I get the same thing and USBBusFix=Yes did not work ether :shock: appreciate you taking time to help me. Thanks
the Graphics being choppy is probably down to the multi-core cpu, use the flags dart=0 and cpus=1 at boot, that should stop the lagg and choppiness, good luck.
Daryn wrote:
Shaneee wrote:Take a look at this post, viewtopic.php?f=23&t=196

THANK YOU! this worked!!! I then got an audio usb error and used GAZZA34's USBBugFix=Yes and then i got in to the installer :thumbup: sadly I have no mouse movement and the graphics are super slow. BUT I am that much closer. :clap:
Are you also using the bootflag UseKernelCache=No to ensure the USB kext is being loaded? Did you also use the SMBios provided?
Shaneee wrote:Are you also using the bootflag UseKernelCache=No to ensure the USB kext is being loaded? Did you also use the SMBios provided?

Yes I used the SMBios and then your UseKernelCache=No still no mouse... but I got through the installer with TAB and SPACE

gazza35 wrote:the Graphics being choppy is probably down to the multi-core cpu, use the flags dart=0 and cpus=1 at boot, that should stop the lagg and choppiness, good luck.
Okay graphics seam slightly better with dart=0 and cpus=1

Thanks guys

PS Thanks Shaneee for using basic HTML
cpus=1 will be limiting your CPU cores. You'll need to install the nVidia Web Drivers to get the graphics sorted.

PS what basic HTML?
Shaneee wrote:cpus=1 will be limiting your CPU cores. You'll need to install the nVidia Web Drivers to get the graphics sorted.

PS what basic HTML?
The install stuck at 16 minutes till complete for few hours, so now I am trying to install Niresh mavericks to see if it is any smoother installing.
Okay thanks ill look in to the web drivers for mavericks.

PS What I meant by basic HTML was that I have done some HTML work and on this forum its easy to do things like bold lettering and italic

PPS (I am wanting to use this as my main os, do you?)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]