Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: gazza35
OK, after weeks of wrangling and wrestling with this thing i finally have it working for the first time.
The problem for me was never resolved, i eventually had to install win 7 on a seperate partition, set it up, then i installed Macdrive to gain access to the El Capitan installed drive, and manually copied over the Extra folder and a kernel, wouldnt boot still with kernel provided in files folder but the Bronya kernel solved that issue.
Also had to disable pre configured boot args and use just -V, likely-hood is itll boot without the -v, but i aint turning it off until i do a time machine backup to make it easy to restore in case i mess things up.

I just have 2 remaining issues.
1 - Finding a working kext for my Usb Wifi Stick, it is an atheros chip but im struggling
2 - MOST IMPORTANT, now ive done this how do i make the drive bootable without having to use usb stick to boot it, once its bootable i will use BCE from windows to create a startup os selector to boot to windows too, so any help on getting my el cap bootable is greatly appreciated, My machine doesnt seem to want to recognise anything with clover, but does recognise the likes of Chameleon, Enoch, havent tried Chimera.

Advertising

by: Shaneee
Is it installed to a separate HDD or the same as Windows? Also can you provide more information about your USB Wireless.
Its installed on a seoerate HDD to make life easier, also my wifi is tp-link, better known as atheros 97281, un-supported, have to use Lan
Ohh, Installed Enoch and ended up with Boot0 error
Take a look here for the Boot0 error, viewtopic.php?f=24&t=207

I can't find anything about an Atheros 97281...
Do i re-install Enoch after that, or Install Enoch first, Follow the steps in your guide then thats it??
Tp Link TL-WN722N is my wifi adpter
Just follow those steps and it should work :thumbup:

Yeah unfortunately that adapter won't work...
2 New problems,
1 - Cannot find a kext to enable my LAN anywhere GRRRRR lol, must be a driver somewhere.
2 - My bios Resets everytime i load ElCap, have to resort the bios everytime i reboot, ive heard about this, is there a fix yet??
LAN = NVIDIA Gigabit MAC Realtek 8211CL Gigabit PHY featuring AI NET 2

WIFI=TP-LINK WDN3200 I think it uses Ralink chip not real tek, forgot i had this dual band adapter, theres gotta be a fix for either my wifi or ethernet, if anyone can help please...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]