Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: gazza35
Hi all, still about, Just had a bit of a break from AMD.
I have repeated this mission 12 times now over last 3 weeks and it simply does not work on my computer full stop, So tried again last night and still no joy. I can get the usb to install, no problem at all, but the main problem is the POST setup, cp -R the extra folder and kernel. and Yes, i have not mis-typed anything, the command executes but then scans every hard disk and partition looking for the extra folder, despite it being on the usb, it does not find it therefore fails to copy them over, the fact that the cmmnd executes looking to perform the task is evidence that i typed it right, but it reports that it cannot find the extra folder on the usb.

Im stuck, frustrated and dont know what to do next, there has to be another way to get the folder transferred and the kernel.

If anyone can advise please let me know.

Advertising

by: Shaneee
Does the kernel copy over? If it does you can skip the Extra folder for now, you'll just need to type all the boot arguments till it's copied.
by: gazza35
Same issue, cant find folder or kernel, what args would i use to boot my system, if i can get to the os i can manually copy em over.
by: Shaneee
You'll need the kernel to boot. Try copying the kernel to the root of your HDD. Assuming the USB is named OS X Base System and your HDD is OS X use the following,
Code: Select all
cp -R /Volumes/"OS X Base System"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Kernels/
Then when you try to boot the HDD use the following bootflags,

/kernel -v npci=0x3000
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]