Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Advertising

by: uridi0t
How do I know which kexts are being used for backing them up? There too many kexts in extension folder. Thanks
by: Shaneee
uridi0t wrote:How do I know which kexts are being used for backing them up? There too many kexts in extension folder. Thanks
You only need to backup original apple kexts if you've modified to work like AppleHDA or a graphics kext. If you haven't modified or changed any you don't need to back them up.
by: tmartin
Shaneee wrote:
uridi0t wrote:How do I know which kexts are being used for backing them up? There too many kexts in extension folder. Thanks
You only need to backup original apple kexts if you've modified to work like AppleHDA or a graphics kext. If you haven't modified or changed any you don't need to back them up.
Do you think I'd be able to use Beyond Compare to compare my current extensions folder to the one from the 10.11.4 installer??
by: Shaneee
I'm not sure but you shouldn't need to. The installer doesn't include all the extensions anyway. Like I said unless you've physically modified an original Apple kext or replaced it do you need to worry about the Extensions folder. If you've not done this then just the kernel is all that will need replaced.
by: tmartin
Shaneee wrote:I'm not sure but you shouldn't need to. The installer doesn't include all the extensions anyway. Like I said unless you've physically modified an original Apple kext or replaced it do you need to worry about the Extensions folder. If you've not done this then just the kernel is all that will need replaced.
Perfect. I'll try the same method you did. Sounds easy enough. Thanks!
by: uridi0t
I just updated from El Capitan 10.11.4 to 10.11.5 on my test drive. It seems 10.11.5 working okay so far. Just update it, then replace the kernel and install USB V3 and fix permission.
by: Jordi
Successfully update to 10.11.5, copy kernel and install nvidia all is working
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]