Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: tmartin
I was wonder if there were any tips on updating OSX. It looks like 10.11.5 was just released today.

Advertising

by: Shaneee
I see in your signature you have Ubuntu. You could install the update then copy the kernel back into place after the update.

Personally I have another OS X HDD/Partition to replace the kernel and any kexts I may need and rebuild the prelinkedkernel after the update. For me this is the easiest way.
by: Jordi
shanee 10.11.5 is it released ? Can we update to 10.11.5 update only coping kernel to kernel. My question is is it safe to update to 10.11.5 Thanks
The kernel will need replace plus any kexts that have been modified for example AppleHDA. I am currently updating my test partition before my main and will let you know if it goes ok.
shanee if you want inform me with all progress and i can help you if you need my help. thanks
Test partition successfully updated :thumbup: Now to my main drive.
The way I did it was to backup current kernel to the desktop and remove it from System/Library/Kernels/ and start the Combo update from Apple.
As this was installing I had the Kernels folder open so I could see when the updated one was copied. As soon as it was copied I removed it and put the AMD one I made a backup of back in place.
From there I went to the Extensions and removed AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and replaced AppleHDA with my patched one then let the installer rebuild the caches ect.

You can download the Combo update from here if you feel confident enough to try,
Code: Select all
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1876?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
shanee thanks but i don't have internet, my father and my mother home internet don't work and i use mobile 4g internet to be informed in our forum. When i has home internet i will update, but i will make this like every update. 1. Install 10.11.5 update 2. when it restart i will restart and 3. i will start from usb capitan install and will replace the kernel and 4. viola it will work.
That's fine and if that is how you feel comfortable updating you do it that way :thumbup: :D
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]