Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: redband123
redband123 wrote:
Shaneee wrote:You have a Yosemite install yes? Run this command from there replacing HDD with your El Capitan partition name.
Code: Select all
sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/"HDD"
Yes I have Yosemite on a seperate drive as well as a copy El Capitan also on a seperate drive. I presume that Yosemite can be used for this command because of system protection in El Capitan?
Does "sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/HDD[/code]" do the same thing as "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel"?
Is it possible to rebuild prelinked kernel cache with Kext Wizard or Kext Utility rather then use kextcache command in terminal?

Advertising

by: Shaneee
Yes that command will do the same. I've used it before to save my El Capitan install.

You could use KCPM Utility to rebuild the caches if you wish.
Shaneee wrote:Yes that command will do the same. I've used it before to save my El Capitan install.

You could use KCPM Utility to rebuild the caches if you wish.
I have tried all permutations to get this new kernel working and all instances keep getting "can't find boot file /System/Library/Kernels/kernel".

I don't believe that it is because I cannot rebuild prelinked kernel. I have to assume that it is the kernel itself. Have I downloaded the correct kernel - shaneee-rc1.zip. This a non FX kernel right?
The kernel was built for all systems. Try this one.
Attachments
(4.09 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
Shaneee wrote:The kernel was built for all systems. Try this one.
I am getting confused with all these kernels. I thought your shaneee rc1 was the latest release. Is this not so?
What is the version or date of the kernel you suggest I try in your post #1817?
RC1 is the latest that boots on all AMD CPUs. The one I uploaded for you is the one currently booting my system. I'm unsure what the date of it is but I know it works.
Shaneee wrote:RC1 is the latest that boots on all AMD CPUs. The one I uploaded for you is the one currently booting my system. I'm unsure what the date of it is but I know it works.
I don't know what is going on here - I pasted the new kernel (shaneee rc1) to S/L/kernels without rebuilding prelinked kernel or kernel cache or system cache and it booted just fine. If I rebuild kernel cache by whatever means I get a panic.

What is going on here?
Ok give this kernel a go instead. Reports that it works better than rc1.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310796-amd-os-x-el-capitan-1011-fx-kernel-task-force/?p=2237509
What does it panic on anyway?
Shaneee wrote:Ok give this kernel a go instead. Reports that it works better than rc1.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310796-amd-os-x-el-capitan-1011-fx-kernel-task-force/?p=2237509
What does it panic on anyway?
The panic I get is as in previous posts on this subject i.e. "can't find boot file /System/Library/Kernels/kernel".
I will try the kernel from
but I suspect I shall be unable to rebuild prelinked kernel for the reasons already given.
I believe that there is a fundamental fault with my system as I am unable to boot into safe mode - refer to topic
#1900. It's possible that my inability to rebuild the prelinked kernel and to boot into safe mode are related
I'm sure these issues are related to the kernel. The one I linked to should be more stable and therefore should allow the caches to be rebuilt.

If the kernel is in the correct location and it "can't" find it then you could always keep the kernel on the root of the HDD and tell Enoch where it is.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]