Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: redband123
Hi Shaneee
Understand you have new kernel Shaneee rc1.
Is a new System.kext and Frameworks necessary for this new kernel?

By the way I panicked when I tried to open your website forum and found it no longer worked. I had to google your name to find the new domain. It's a pity that all references to previous topics on the forum link back to the old domain and therefore cannot be viewed.

Advertising

by: Shaneee
Yes a small update on the kernel. The System.kext is not nessecary but does minimize the logs related to missing symbols.

Can you give me an example of a link that doesn't work any more? Also on the old domain home page there is a notice.
Shaneee wrote:Yes a small update on the kernel. The System.kext is not nessecary but does minimize the logs related to missing symbols.

Can you give me an example of a link that doesn't work any more? Also on the old domain home page there is a notice.
E.G. On topic 1556 (Re: [ USB Problem ] EL Capitan Athlon II X2 240 M4A-785-TD V EVO) you provide a link to viewtopic.php?f=25&t=194&start=30 my install on el capitan go very slow, but my mouse and keyboar is working.

If I click on the link I get "Unable to find etc" from my ISP Provider. This happens on all links provide in all topics.
Ahh ok yes I see. If you right click and copy the link. When you paste it into the address bar replace nova-x.co.uk with amd-osx.com. I will try to replace them all with SQL.
When I use terminal command "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel"
I get Error: invalid kernel path '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel' despite the fact that the kernel is clearly in S/L/E as is the prelinkedkernel.
Would you know why this? What other command can I use?
redband123 wrote:When I use terminal command "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel"
I get Error: invalid kernel path '/System/Library/Kernels/kernel' despite the fact that the kernel is clearly in S/L/E as is the prelinkedkernel.
Would you know why this? What other command can I use?
I was unable to rebuild the prelinked kernel as above and when I restarted El Capitan I received boot error "can't find boot file /System/Library/Kernels/kernel".
Is this error the fault of the kernel i.e. your new kernel or of not being able to rebuild relinked kernel
The kernel is definitely in System/Library/Kernels/ and is named kernel? I am using the same kernel on my system and prelinkedkernel and kernel cache is built and working.
Shaneee wrote:The kernel is definitely in System/Library/Kernels/ and is named kernel? I am using the same kernel on my system and prelinkedkernel and kernel cache is built and working.
All I did was replace the kernel in S/L/E by deleting the old kernel and pasting in the new kernel.
As I said in my earliar post #1743 I was able to use all the terminal commands except for "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel"
It would seem from what you say that my inability to execute the terminal command results in the boot error.
Question is how can I get the same result as the command from some other way?
You have a Yosemite install yes? Run this command from there replacing HDD with your El Capitan partition name.
Code: Select all
sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/"HDD"
Shaneee wrote:You have a Yosemite install yes? Run this command from there replacing HDD with your El Capitan partition name.
Code: Select all
sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/"HDD"
Yes I have Yosemite on a seperate drive as well as a copy El Capitan also on a seperate drive. I presume that Yosemite can be used for this command because of system protection in El Capitan?
Does "sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/HDD[/code]" do the same thing as "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel"?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]