Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: DarbyTT
Okay thanks, I’ll follow the indications given in this thread for PostInstall, then.

One last question about Clover Configurator: as soon as I install Clover to my hard disk, can I copy/paste the config file from the EFI partition in my USB drive to the EFI partition in my hard disk? Or should I edit the config file from scratch? And in that case, where can I find some information for that?

Thanks again.

Advertising

by: Norton287
You can copy the config from efi to your new efi partition. Just use clover configurator, here's a tutorial on it: http://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1613
Post Merged
You just mount the EFIs on both the USB and the Hard Drive and copy over
by: DarbyTT
Awesome, thanks. I’ll do as suggested and keep you updated!
No Problem I have HS installed but not sure about all the workings yet, still into sierra support.
by: Nimraynn
Hi,

Hopefully this is the right place to post. I've installed El Capitan V2 from this thread: http://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=404

I had to use nv_disable=1 to get the installer to boot, but otherwise the installer seems to work fine. I've installed to a disk, rebooted back into the USB and run through all the command listed in the first post on this thread. Rebooted back to the USB's bootloader, selected the newly installed disk, specify nv_disable=1 again and let it boot.

It boots fine, I get to the GUI setup wizard where I can select my location... but my Logitech USB keyboard & mouse don't work. I've tried the following combinations of boot parameters:

nv_disable=1
nv_disable=1 USBBusFix=Yes
nv_disable=1 UseKernelCache=No
nv_disable=1 UseKernelCache=No USBBusFix=Yes
-x nv_disable=1 UseKernelCache=No USBBusFix=Yes

Without the -x, I couldn't get it to boot at all with UseKernelCache=No. I received tons of "Invalid Kernel Opcode" messages. With the -x, it boots, but still no USB keyboard & mouse :(

I've read a bit about the USB fix on here, but I'm a bit confused as to what I'm meant to be doing. I didn't have to install anything into the installer image to make it work, my understanding is that the latest version of the image already includes the fix... It looks like I have to install the USB fix onto the new install as well, but I don't quite understand how I do this. I've seen this thread viewtopic.php?t=76 but it looks like you need to run an app, Kext Wizard. What I don't understand is how I can use this tool, if I can't get into the OS to actually run the app? Is there a way I can manually install the USB fix? If so, what is the best way?

Thanks!
Post Merged
Alright, why do I always do this? I seriously have a habit of spending hours trying to get something to work... eventually give up and post a request for help... decide to keep looking for a fix while I wait for a reply and end up fixing it almost straight way? :lol:

I just found the El Capitan / Sierra USB fix on this page: http://forum.amd-osx.com/app.php/bbdown ... kexts.html

Downloaded it on my MacBook and threw all the files into the /Extra folder on the USB installer. Booted into the installer, opened the Terminal...

cd /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Extra
cp -R *.kext /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/Extensions

Reboot machine, boot from the HDD via the USB bootloader, use nv_disable=1 and USBBusFix=yes... guess what? My USB keyboard and mouse work now!

I'll continue and see how far I get now :)
by: Shaneee
Glad you got the USB working there. Any other issues just reply here.
mauimade71 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:26 pm would i do the samething for maverick
Follow the post installation instructions in the maverick install guide
mauimade71 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:40 am i am getting a message permission denied when i rebuild the cache
Take a pic and post it in the maverick forum
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]