Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: Serenity
I get : "Illegal instruction: 4" when trying to repair
Post Merged
So I tried kext wizard to repair and rebuild. It said it didn't I didn't see any new files in prelinkedkernel before I rebooted. It's rebooting as I typed this so I'll inform ya.
Post Merged
It broke......

Advertising

by: andynm
Pgkgaming wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:11 am It broke......
Download the latest kernel for El Capitan and put it on the installer USB stick (or another one) then do this:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=80

You can skip the /Extra folder but remember to also copy the System.kext to /S/L/E before deleting the prelinkedkernel and recaching the kexts
it was for yosemite 10.10.1 to 10.10.5 Shaneee pointed to this tutorial just use to appropriate files
by: Shaneee
@Pgkgaming, What isn't working? Yosemite is easier to update than El Cap or Sierra.
I replaced all the files that I had according to the guide and it just went into a boot loop. When I ran the commands they didn't do anything either
by: Norton287
Kextcache-u / caused an instant crash for me. Used kext utility worked great.
by: redor
Hello I'm trying to install the combo update but it does not allow me to install it. It says I should restart the computer so that installation can continue. I downloaded the update from the link given in this post.
@redor let it reboot, it's a soft reboot and will do the install. Once the installs done boot of your USB installer and run postinstall again.
by: redor
Norton287 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:58 pm @redor let it reboot, it's a soft reboot and will do the install. Once the installs done boot of your USB installer and run postinstall again.
I did as you told me to. The problem is now it only boots using USB or Safemode otherwise it just says "Still waiting for root device" :(
redor wrote:I did as you told me to. The problem is now it only boots using USB or Safemode otherwise it just says "Still waiting for root device
And you redid post install copying shaneees new kernel, deleting the prelinkedkernel and running repairpermissions and then kextcache-u /?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]