Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: qmastery
Shaneee wrote:Now you can install the 10.11.6 Combo Update. Once it's finished don't restart your machine as the kernel won't boot your system.
It is possible to install this update directly from the Apple store. I couldn't find how to block it from rebooting after the installation of update, so I just let it to reboot and break itself ---> then used a bootable El Capitan installation flash drive to boot to its' Recovery Mode, open a Terminal and replace a system's broken kernel with your latest Shaneee's kernel that is either stored at the same bootable flash drive, or at another flash drive, or simply at system's volume Desktop or Downloads (if to put here priorly to trying to upgrade)
Shaneee liked this

Advertising

by: chesco96
i have a problem, did everything and just reboots. When i try to use the kp app it says error and cant use it
i think its an permission problem
by: Shaneee
chesco96 wrote:i have a problem, did everything and just reboots. When i try to use the kp app it says error and cant use it

Do you mean KCPM? Use Kext Utility instead.
by: chesco96
Shaneee wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:25 pm
chesco96 wrote:i have a problem, did everything and just reboots. When i try to use the kp app it says error and cant use it

Do you mean KCPM? Use Kext Utility instead.
Got tired of triying so i gave up, staying in 10.11.5 for now.
Shaneee liked this
by: user
Shaneee wrote:Now first of all you're going to want to backup any modified Apple kexts for example AppleHDA or AppleGraphicsPowerManagement as they will be replaced. Just copy them into a folder on your desktop.
Instead of AppleHDA I see only AppleHDADisabler (in system/library/extensions)
Shaneee wrote:Once that's done copy the System.kext that came with the kernel and any kexts you backed up and copy them to /System/Library/Extensions/
When I did this I got many messages like this
for many kext files in this folder
I replaced only System.kext & AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
Then we should mention in the first post about disabling SIP:
update:
and now I can't disable it, I need to go to recovery, but I already installed update
Last edited by user on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
didn't work
not sure or this just doesn't work or really I need to disable SIP before doing all this and try again (but I don't want to waste time If I'm not sure if it will work ok)

can you help me? I'm using 10.11.2 (it works ok at vmware) and I want to update it to 10.11.6 so I could install XCode 8.2.1
by: Shaneee
SIP is disabled. That checks for it in the nvram but Enoch doesn't set it there. If you run csrutil status you'll see disabled.

Did you replace all the files and build the prelinkedkernel after the update?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]