Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: Shaneee
Don't update with the App Store
First you're going to need to download some files.

You'll need the 10.11.6 Combo Update from here,
Code: Select all
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1885?locale=en_US
You'll also need the latest kernel from here,
http://amd-osx.com/files/Shaneee-10.11.x-RC4.zip
And RepairPermissions from here,
http://www.firewolf.science/download/715/

Now first of all you're going to want to backup any modified Apple kexts for example AppleHDA or AppleGraphicsPowerManagement as they will be replaced. Just copy them into a folder on your desktop.

Now you can install the 10.11.6 Combo Update. Once it's finished don't restart your machine as the kernel won't boot your system.

From here copy the new kernel you downloaded into /System/Library/Kernels replacing the one that's there.

Now navigate to /System/Library/Caches and delete the folder named com.apple.kext.caches

Now go to /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels and delete the file prelinkedkernel

Once that's done copy the System.kext that came with the kernel and any kexts you backed up and copy them to /System/Library/Extensions/

Now you'll need to repair the permissions of those kexts so open up Terminal and extract the RepairPermissions tool to your desktop and enter the following commands,
sudo su
Enter your password then drag the RepairPermissions file onto the terminal window and add a forwardslash so it looks similar to this,
sh-3.2# /Users/shaneee/Desktop/RepairPermissions /
Press Enter and it will repair the permissions. Now enter the following command,
kextcache -u /
This should rebuild the prelinkedkernel with the AMD kernel and you'r kexts. If successful you can now reboot.
skadush liked this

Advertising

by: Valkiry
pldtv wrote:Can I fix permissions from OSX Installer?
I forgot to do it before restart
You can try repairs from a back up of yosemite but installer doesn't load repair permissions. Be more careful next time ;)
by: Du'Islingr
can i apply these steps to a USB installer image?
As long as the prelinkedkernel is rebuilt the system should boot. You can repair the permissions upon startup.

@Du'Islingr unfortunately no.
by: dsalsa
didn't work for me, my computer just reboots
dsalsa wrote:didn't work for me, my computer just reboots
You copied the kernel and built the prelinkedkernel after the update? Try booting with UseKernelCache=No
by: Du'Islingr
dsalsa wrote:didn't work for me, my computer just reboots
This pretty much guarantees you did not replace the kernel as the instructions stated.

Edit: I take that back. I followed the instructions as directed. Let it run till it wanted to restart. Then replaced the kernel and kexts. Repaired permissions and rebuilt cache. Then hit tge restart button as it finished installing everything else. It rebooted as soon as verbose completed as if i never replaced the kernel.

However as I still had the installer image using the above kernel, I booted that and replaced the kernel on 10.11.6 via terminal and now it is booting fine.
B9D1280A-5FCF-4A60-83C4-FCABE5AEDC4D.JPG
B9D1280A-5FCF-4A60-83C4-FCABE5AEDC4D.JPG (1.69 MiB) Viewed 1994 times
by: dsalsa
Tried replacing the kernel and System.kext again after rebooting but my system still won't boot. Attached screen shot.
Attachments
IMG_0098.jpg
IMG_0098.jpg (2.29 MiB) Viewed 1966 times
dsalsa wrote:Tried replacing the kernel and System.kext again after rebooting but my system still won't boot. Attached screen shot.
Does it hang there? Give it a few minutes as I've never seen it stop there after an update.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]