Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: dankesweed
Shaneee wrote:Did you rebuild the prelinkedkernel? If not just run the post install script from the installer again.
i already ran post.sh twice but nothing changes. i also downloaded the kernel from the first post and tried to boot after i ran post.sh but nothing seems to work. are there maybe any bootflags that i'm missing?

edit: also removed my cpu OC to see if that could help but nope
Last edited by dankesweed on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertising

by: Shaneee
Are you using either -x, -f or UseKernelCache=No ? If so don't use them. They bypass the prelinkedkernel.
Shaneee wrote:Are you using either -x, -f or UseKernelCache=No ? If so don't use them. They bypass the prelinkedkernel.
i'm only using the predefined bootflags. i also unplugged every unnecessary device.
Please try with this kernel. Name it as kernel-fx and replace the one in post install,
Attachments
(3.98 MiB) Downloaded 38 times
Shaneee wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:53 pm Please try with this kernel. Name it as kernel-fx and replace the one in post install,
this happened, should i reinstall with the kernel you posted? and do i need to put the .dSYM files from the gpu kexts in the kexts folder too?
by: hanreev
dankesweed wrote:
Shaneee wrote:Did you rebuild the prelinkedkernel? If not just run the post install script from the installer again.
i already ran post.sh twice but nothing changes. i also downloaded the kernel from the first post and tried to boot after i ran post.sh but nothing seems to work. are there maybe any bootflags that i'm missing?

did post.sh ask you to enter volume name?
in my case post.sh didn't ask for volume name. so i edited it manually under linux and replace $VOLUME with volume name i installed OS X onto
hanreev wrote:
dankesweed wrote:

did post.sh ask you to enter volume name?
in my case post.sh didn't ask for volume name. so i edited it manually under linux and replace $VOLUME with volume name i installed OS X onto
yeah it asks for the volume name. i reinstalled a few minutes ago and nothing changed.
Are you able to access the partition from TransMac?
Remove the AMD kexts relating to your GPU and run the post install again to rebuild the prelinkedkernel. This will of course cause no GPU acceleration but we'll sort that. If it boots I'll source kexts it should work with. I just need to know the kexts your GPU uses.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]