Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: vitorlage
@lucasmoe22, With Clover installed mount EFI partition with Clover Configurator and replace config.plist (its under EFI/EFI/CLOVER). This config.plist is already modified with the fakeID
Attachments
(4.55 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

Advertising

by: lucasmoe22
okay so i did that in clover configurator and it showed the new config was being used and now when i try to boot my computer it comes up to the asus screen and then my monitor goes into power save mode because it said there is no signal coming from my computer. then if i try to boot from the hardrive again i just get a memory allocation error
Post Merged
@vitorlage,
by: CookieKingHK
I can not find my SSD(NVME) in Disk Utility. Searched internet, but the way to fix it is to edit clover config. Stuck here ,and do not know what to do.
by: Shaneee
@lucasmoe22, Do you have an ATI FakeID set as 0x68101002?

@CookieKingHK, Are you using Clover currently?
by: CookieKingHK
Shaneee wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:40 pm @lucasmoe22, Do you have an ATI FakeID set as 0x68101002?

Yes. With the latest version of Clover. And the settings of Clover are all followed the V4 INSTALL VIDEO. Some say that I can modify plist file to detect the drive, but I failed.
Post Merged
CookieKingHK wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:48 am
Shaneee wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:40 pm @lucasmoe22, Do you have an ATI FakeID set as 0x68101002?

Yes. With the latest version of Clover. And the settings of Clover are all followed the V4 INSTALL VIDEO. Some say that I can modify plist file to detect the drive, but I failed.
Now I installed Sierra in my HDD
Post Merged
Solved. I have reinstalled the system. And when installing Clover, I checked the Driver64-nvme Then I reboot my machine from disk, and add all the patches for nvme---sierra from Clover patchlist. Identified well,trying to move my system to SSD.
by: AmoryYugen
CookieKingHK wrote:Solved. I have reinstalled the system. And when installing Clover, I checked the Driver64-nvme Then I reboot my machine from disk, and add all the patches for nvme---sierra from Clover patchlist. Identified well,trying to move my system to SSD.
Can you walk a noob through this process, specifically with 10.12.6? I just put together my first Hackintosh and created the bootable USB according to the tutorial. After awhile it finally got the OS X installation, but predictably could not find a suitable HD as I've only got a Samsung Evo 960 installed at the moment. Will be receiving a 2.5" Samsung SSD later this week, which I suppose will be an easier install.

EDIT: I successfully installed OS X on an external HD. It's not bootable from anything but the USB drive, but I assume that's typical. Once my non-NVMe SSD arrives on Monday, I'll move put the OS on there. Let me know if you have success using the NVMe as your boot drive... I'd love to know how you accomplished this!
by: dankesweed
okay hello everyone
i'm currently on my last attempt getting osx running on my pc before upgrading it and building a second "well chosen parts for osx" pc to save me a lot of frustration.

but maybe i'm lucky this time because sierraamd seems to be the easiest attempt because i've never got so far

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.0GHz OC
RAM: 12 GB DDR3 Ballistix Sport (should be 16gb but my board randomly stopped working with full ram slots, the ram works fine)
GPU: Sapphire R9 380x Nitro 4GB
MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
PSU: 500w Corsair
SSD/HDD: 2x SanDisk z400s 128gb & 1x wd caviar 500gb
SOUND: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2G (should work fine on mac)

i did everything step by step and it seemed to be a successful try but im stuck and i didn't find any answers :/
i got only the last error on the first install, after reinstall i'm also getting this usb error before the screen "glitches"
there seems to be red text where the black bar starts to glitch over the text.

i did the postinstall with the kernel and post.sh from this tutorial and i get a "No such File or directory" at the "..kexts/*.kext.." command while doing every command one by one.

i don't have the possibility to use a real mac neither can i virtualize one. when you guys can't help me i'm gonna reinstall windows and build a ht in a few months. :/

thanks in advance!

edit: i managed to put the installer on my second ssd to eliminate the usb error but i'm still getting the same error at the end. this time i also used the kernel and post.sh from the image which gave no error
You'll need the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts for your GPU.
Did you rebuild the prelinkedkernel? If not just run the post install script from the installer again.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]