Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: vitorlage
Install V5 this is deprecated

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2707

SierraAMD v4 has all other SierraAMD versions aren't perfect. This version was intended to give support to the new AMD Ryzen processors with this new kernel.
What happens is that other CPU's may not work well or not at all (is still being investigated)

Since not everyone is used to be an Hachintosher and a lot are just taking there first steps into Hachintosh World, I decided to write this small Tutorial to help mainly the starters.

System Requirements
CPU with SSE4.1 Support
HDD for Sierra
Windows or Windows Virtual Machine
Transmac
USB drive with 8GB
Sierra image:
Code: Select all
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yFWdaxrJnuVLAZ7shbMcza4iSENPNmL0
Spoiler:
TEMPORARY LINK
https://mega.nz/#!IGxHlLQZ!SECzd3jocLe0BWRD-Aq_dlKMAkNRoY6cS-8VKwkDr00
thanks to applestrudel
Lot's of coffee

*Bios Settings
VT-d = Off
Windows 7 installation mode = Off
Serial port (Super I/O) = Off
EFI Boot = On
Sata AHCI = On
CSM = On
USB Legacy =On
Secure Boot = Off (if it exists)
Fast Boot = Off
Set ErP = Enabled
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled

* This are general guide lines, not all BIOS have this options or are they equal

Follow this Shaneee tutorial
Now that you've finished Shaneee Transmac tutorial, open SierraAMD USB Installer to check if its like in the image below.
If it is like the image below proceed to Installation, otherwise get the kernel attached to the bottom of this post:

Open again Transmac drag and drop kernel in the PostInstall folder of your USB Installer.

Boot with USB Installer you've just created and in command prompt hit Enter.
USB 3.0 ports are faster even with USB drives 2.0
SierraAMDv4 already comes with 3 predefined bootflags (remember that).
-v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1

Now that you booted and everything went well goto the Top bar and select Disk Utility from Utilities.
If you stop at "Still waiting for root device"hot swap the USB Installer to other port
In Disk Utility select the HDD where you're going to install Sierra and click Erase
Now change Name: macOS, Format : Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Scheme: GUID Partition Map
Update: I used Name: macOS for exemplification purposes, but you can choose your own name for the HDD. If you change your HDD name, don't forget to replace it when your issuing commands
If everything went fine you can now close Disk Utility and continue the installation
It will take between 12 min to 3 hours. So don't worry to much if you get stalled for a long time.

After installing Sierra, you're going to boot again trough USB Installer to do the PostInstall.
Boot and open Terminal (in the upper right corner change the flag to match your keyboard if you wish)
Issue these commands one by one: Beware of typos and spaces (They both do the same)
Tip: Type cd /V now press TAB key. It filled out the remaining name and /. Now type S press TAB key, nothing happens, press TAB key again. It shows that are more words starting with an S
cd /Volumes/SierrraAMD/PostInstall/

cp -rf kernel /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/Kernels/

cp -rf Extra /Volumes/macOS/

cp -rf Kexts/*.kext /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/Extensions/

rm -rf /Volumes/macOS/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

kextcache -u /Volumes/macOS/
If the last command didn't give you an error in the end, you're good to go.
Otherwise review your commands for typos or spaces and redo them if you found the mistake (is normal for starters and not only to do typos, is worst for starters until they know what which command means).

The last command is for rebuilding prelinkedkernel and if it isn't rebuild you'll never manage to start your Hackintosh, so take your time to revise your steps. You should see Kernel cache ID and a line of letters and numbers.

This said, you can restart.
Boot again trough USB Installer cause you're HDD is not yet bootable, in the command prompt choose your HDD (macOS) and hit Enter.

If you managed to create your account and entered the Desktop without the -x flag (safe mode), google, download and run Kext Utility, cause it solves the suddenly restarts and crashes.

Also don't forget to run Kext Utility has soon you're system boots to avoid crashes and sudden restarts.

NEVER try to install a bootloader in Safe Mode ( -x )
The only thing missing is to install a bootloader for you to be able to boot through your HDD at last.
For that, goto the PostInstall folder inside your USB Installer and choose ENOCH or CLOVER.

Now follow
ENCOCH Tutorial http://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1729
CLOVER Tutorial http://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1613

For the owners of a Nvidia's cards you probably want to install NvidiaWeb drivers to get graphic acceleration.
Just follow this Tutorial: http://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1702

For the owners of Radeon's cards you don't need to install nothing the drivers already come with Sierra. You want to take a look here to see if your card works Out Of the Box (OOB):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/

If this doesn't work for you, just post for support and someone will try to help you. This way I can fine tune this Tutorial.
Attachments
(4.06 MiB) Downloaded 299 times
Last edited by vitorlage on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:23 am, edited 39 times in total.

Advertising

by: nats175
After doing all of this i installed the nvidia web drivers from the link in the forum. Still there is icon problem and the resolution isnt the same as that of my screen.

Bootloader - enoch
Fx8350
Asus Gtx 950
Gigabyte 970a-ds3p
8 gb ram
nats175 wrote:After doing all of this i installed the nvidia web drivers from the link in the forum. Still there is icon problem and the resolution isnt the same as that of my screen.

Bootloader - enoch
Fx8350
Asus Gtx 950
Gigabyte 970a-ds3p
8 gb ram
Please post your org.chameleon.Boot.plist, that's inside HDD/Extra folder

You've to compress it. Right click and click Compress "org.chameleon.Boot.plist"
@vitorlage, no solution same problem is still there

NATIVE Resolution of monitor is 1600x900
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 9.35.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 9.35.05 PM.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 12925 times
@nats175, Install Clover, it's easier to put that drivers to work in Enoch you need to had the Nvram option and a lot of stuff I'm not used to.

Just follow my tutorial to install Clover viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1613
And after installing Clover replace config.plist in EFI partition with this one
Attachments
(4.72 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
@vitorlage, i did as told and this has happened when i boot mac os

********************************************************_

this comes and it doesnt boots up
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]