Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
Any help to complete this Tutorial is more than Welcome. Thanks

I'm writing this Tutorial just to help beginners like me to ease their Hackintosh start.
I'm not the indicate person to do this, but nobody seems to hear the screams or they don't have the time so here we go.

This is much simple.... now.
Imagine you have Sierra 10.12.2 installed and you want to install the latest Sierra version say... 10.12.5 (has for now)
Google Sierra 10.12.5 Combo Update, download it from Apple and install it.

Restart or wait until it Restart, now it begins the Installation of the update, then it will restart by itself.

Now comes the part that most of us get confused. "If I boot it shutdowns, what can or should I do"

Relax if you have a USB Installer. If not first create a USB Installer, because you need to boot from it to replace at least the kernel.

So boot with your USB Installer and when you are on Terminal issue this commands:
Code: Select all
cd /Volumes/YourUSBInstaller/PostInstall
cp -rf kernel /Volumes/YourHDD/System/Library/Kernels/
rm -rf /Volumes/YourHDD/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
and at last
kextcache -u /Volumes/YourHDD/
Code: Select all
Pay Attention this commands assume that YourUSBInstaller have a PostInstall folder, what may not be the case. In that situation you need to know the path to YourUSBInstaller kernel like e.g. /Volumes/YourUSBInstaller/System/Library/Kernels/ or /Volumes/YourUSBInstaller/Kernel/
Now restart again and boot normally, you should have your system working with the new Sierra version.
Shaneee, synthy, skadush liked this

Advertising

Problems I encountered after booting.
1)Keyboard and Mouse not working on login screen.
Easy Fix. Follow the instructions here. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1746&p=21108&hilit=SjgUSB#p21108

2) Glitchy Graphics and Weird Icons.
It a graphics driver issue.
For Nvidia:As soon as you login to the desktop. NvidiaWebDriver with prompt you to update. Update it and reboot. Thats all.
vitorlage liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]