Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.

Advertising

by: Valamyr
Hello, That does not seem to work in Mojave. Despite I change "Unknown" to some other value I still have Unknown in about my Mac.
Cheers!
by: Valamyr
@Marcyvee, yep but unfortunately it does not work.

Cheers!
by: flek999
@Valamyr @Marcyvee

It's working on Mojave when "Unknown" is shown. The path is different: System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleSystemInfo.framework/Versions/A/Resources/

And then it depends which language do you have set up in OS X. For me English.lproj wasn't working. I have GB language turned on so I need to go to 'en_GB.lproj' directory, and then change Unknown. It's working like a charm.
by: Darran T
frle10 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:42 am Hmm, I also have unknown and I tried the thing with TextWrangler but when I try to save I get an error saying:

The authenticated save for this file failed (application error code: 20004)
Copy it to your desktop first. Edit and save that copy, then move it back to the correct folder. That worked for me.
Post Merged
Thanks Shaneee for this. I changed mine to reflect the correct CPU. On a more just-for-fun topic, how did you change the computer type to AMD MacPro. Mine currently lists iMac (27-inch, Late 2013).

Thanks
Darran
by: Jono4191
@Shaneee Could you please provide me the file for my CPU?

AMD Ryzen 5 1600
High Sierra 10.13.6

Thanks mate!
by: KojiAiba
Shaneee wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:54 pm If it's showing as Unknown then navigate to System\Library\PrivateFrameworks\AppleSystemInfo.framework\Versions\A\Resources\English.lproj and open up AppleSystemInfo.strings in TextWrangler. This app is on the App Store. Find the following and change it to what you want,
Code: Select all
	<key>UnknownCPUKind</key>
	<string>Unknown</string>
Code: Select all
	<key>UnknownCPUKind</key>
	<string>FX-8370</string>
Fantastic!

Except textwrangler wont launch on my OS and i tried other editors plist is in binary, so you can't edit it in binary without proper editor...

No other solution than textwrangler ?

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]