Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: Shaneee
For this guide you will obviously need TransMac. You can get a trial of it here,
Code: Select all
http://www.acutesystems.com/scrtm.htm

You will also need the DMG you wish to restore. My ones are listed here,
Ok once you've got TransMac installed and the DMG you want to restore right click on the TransMac icon and Run as Administrator.

Once open click on Tools > Settings and open then Disk Drives tab and change the settings to match the image below,

Now that's done we are ready to restore the image. Locate your USB device in the sidebar of TransMac on the left and right click it then choose, Restore With Disk Image.

Now locate the DMG you choose and open it. This will begin to format the USB and start the restore process.

Once complete you will be able to reboot into the new USB installer. Remember to set the USB as the boot device in the BIOS or press the appropriate key to choose a boot device when booting.
Sundhar88, shredme, Fernan2498 and 10 others liked this

Advertising

by: PippoX0
Good tutorial for windows starter user

sent from my iPhone
by: ssen8
Hi Shaneee, thank you for your awesome work.
I used the link : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=941&hilit=sierraAMD to follow instructions

I get to the installer screen and then the installer gets stuck at 15min remaining and when I check logs
i see ther installation get stuck at
Extracting file:///System/Installation/Packages/BaseSystemResources.pkg (destination=/Volumes/macOS/.OSInstallSandboxPath/Root, uid=0)
Below is image URL : http://imgur.com/a/ZWZLm

Please Help get this installed

@Shaneee

Thanks for the hard work.
Just a recommendation

The steps you gave for post install script post.sh, that needs a little correction
What you gave as steps :

cd /Volumes/SierraAMD/PostInstall
sh post.sh

What it should be :
cd /Volumes/SierraAMD
sh PostInstall/post.sh

Because when you read the scripts it asks to copy from PostInstall/kernel
however when I run the script after going in the PostInstall directory, the script is not able to find the path PostIntall/kernel as PostInstall is the parent directory of post.sh

due to which the post installations fail for all the commands in the script.
vitorlage liked this
ssen8 wrote:@Shaneee

Thanks for the hard work.
Just a recommendation

The steps you gave for post install script post.sh, that needs a little correction
What you gave as steps :

cd /Volumes/SierraAMD/PostInstall
sh post.sh

What it should be :
cd /Volumes/SierraAMD
sh PostInstall/post.sh

Because when you read the scripts it asks to copy from PostInstall/kernel
however when I run the script after going in the PostInstall directory, the script is not able to find the path PostIntall/kernel as PostInstall is the parent directory of post.sh

due to which the post installations fail for all the commands in the script.
I've adjusted the instructions here, app.php/sierraamd-post-install
alexuss88 liked this
@Shaneee, Thank you for updating the details.
Also. I Have few queries. The installation has been successful and using the USB i was able to boot in to the mac os and was able to setup my account.

Query1 ) : I can't boot to the macOS without using -x. When I normally try to boot normally by using the USB and using the boot flag as -v and npci=0x3000, I reach the screen where it shows its verbose output, however the moment I hear the audio on the speaker, it reboots.
** I have always used npci=0x3000 for my hardware till Mavericks
I have GTX 1080, however I use nv_disable=1 or GraphicsEnabler=No. Still the OS reboots the moment I hear the audio. Please help

Query2 ) : How shall I make my computer boot into mac OS without using USB? Should I install the Enoch or any other for boot loader on the "macOS" HDD ? I am on MBR right now.

Query3 ) : It would be very nice if I could get macOS to boot via UEFI rather than MBR, as this removes the hassle to maintain the bootloader as UEFI manages the bootloaders itself.
Would Clover be compatible with your build for UEFI or anything you may recommend ?

I fear the GTX 1080 in my computer may cause issue as the nvidia GPUs tend to cause boot problems. I will go home and install the WebDriver-378.05.05.15f01.pkg for 10.12.5 from Nvidia.. Really hope to get this OS working.

I just cannot express in words how thankful I am for all your hard work. I have been waiting for a very long time to get Sierra working on AMD with GTX 1080. Thank you thank you thank you very much. :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Please provide your valuable input so I can follow them and rest in peace with my Sierra Hackintosh.
Last edited by ssen8 on Wed May 24, 2017 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
@vitorlage, Yes.. True.. I let the installation run and slept with the log window open.. Eyes opened and all went smooth..

Thanks to @Shaneee for his outstanding work
vitorlage liked this
You can install Clover with the UEFI option yeah. vitorlage may be able to assist with that as I've got no experience with UEFI.
@vitorlage ,

Any help would be really appreciated.

So far. I have got the Sierra AMD 10.12.5 installed on MBR, and installed Clover in EFI which in not UEFI mode.
I have installed the web drivers for 10.12.5 from nvidia for GTX 1080 however I am just not able to boot into my mac with web drivers enabled. SMBIOS MacPro5,1 tried but did not work.
Trying iMac 14,2 but still does not work. When i enable web drivers from nvidia menu, it asks to restart and when I restart the OS loads but without nvidia drivers.
The nvidia drivers does not save the option to use Nvidia web drivers and reverts to old system provided mac driver option
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]