Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
by: Matthew
Shaneee wrote:You're running 10.10.1? Try updating to 10.10.5. You can follow my El Capitan tutorial but obviously replace the kernel with the Yosemite one and use the correct update. It may work better on a more recent system.
i'm a bit of a goof. the sound card on this laptop is CX20757!! (14f15115)

I found a patched apple hda kext made to work with it but I do not understand a thing about DTSD injections :mrgreen:

Voodoo wasn't the problem at all by the looks because I completely uninstalled it and the sound playback from the USB headset is still the same crackling type

Also I'm not 100% sure if i'm down to lose some more hair trying to update OS X. Will it really fix much?

Advertising

by: Shaneee
A patched AppleHDA/DSDT won't work for you. On AMD systems patching the AppleHDA kext will only work on NForce chipsets for some reason. You have an ATI/AMD chipset. What model is the headset?
Profesor Vaiches liked this
Shaneee wrote:A patched AppleHDA/DSDT won't work for you. On AMD systems patching the AppleHDA kext will only work on NForce chipsets for some reason. You have an ATI/AMD chipset. What model is the headset?
there go my dreams haha

Logitech H340 usb headset

When I install Voodoo 2.8.6 it can see the laptops built in speaker, but the sound is just as choppy. :/

My voodoo audio actually worked kinda fine in my virtual box VM (was also niresh's) with my headset a while back. Haven't a clue why it works differently here, it's like voodoo just doesn't recognise it because OS X does already
USB audio devices don't normally need VoodooHDA or a patched AppleHDA. VoodooHDA will try enable the onboard audio but the USB headset doesn't use that. Have you tried to adjust the audio setup for the headset with Audio MIDI Setup?
Shaneee wrote:USB audio devices don't normally need VoodooHDA or a patched AppleHDA. VoodooHDA will try enable the onboard audio but the USB headset doesn't use that. Have you tried to adjust the audio setup for the headset with Audio MIDI Setup?
Yeah there's not much to do in there though
I can change input and output volumes, and switch the numbers around in stereo/multichannel. Can't configure format. The headphones are meant to be 44000 16 bits anyway , so no surprise there.
I'm not sure what else to suggest. Laptops are very hard to get running especially AMD ones.
Shaneee wrote:I'm not sure what else to suggest. Laptops are very hard to get running especially AMD ones.
I've figured :)

I have Bluetooth headphones I could try (assuming I can get Bluetooth working) and a speaker with a 3,5mm jack. How would voodoo go for those do you think? Is there any other voodoo settings I could configure?
You can try the latest VoodooHDA with the preference pane to control some other settings for it.
Shaneee wrote:You can try the latest VoodooHDA with the preference pane to control some other settings for it.
Alright well, appreciate all the help bud. I'll give this another day or two over at insanelymac and update everyone here if I find a fix

Thanks!!
UPDATE: Found a bit of a trace, I guess. :thumbup:

Installing voodoohda 2.8.9 and the prefpane after uninstalling both applehda and voodoo completely, it detected my speakers that I tried connecting with a 3.5mm jack today and the laptops internal speakers. Played around with every setting possible and yet unfortunately the crackling sound persisted, however.. :shh:

What I don't understand is why when I changed the IOPCIClassMatch to IOPCIPrimaryMatch and use either 0x14f15115 or 0x511514F1 in the string below, i'm back to square one - "No voodoohda output devices found". Could this mean that I'm either putting the ven/dev id's in wrong, or it's something completely different affecting this? :!:

Booting with various busratios actually seems to be affecting the sound now that I try it, usually for the worse. Can't find the sweet spot though. I feel like that's because CPUid returned the wrong stats to me, as booting with busratio=19 or busratio=20 makes this machine unusable for the most part. :problem:
(is there an alternative program anyone knows of that I can use?)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]