Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
I accidentally posted in Tutorials initially, so re-posting here in the specific OS X revision.

Hello all,

I'm a newbie when it comes to building a Hackintosh and have managed to get Yosemite installed and bootable on my FX-6300 with HD 7790. If I leave one monitor disconnected, it brings me to login without any issues. Checking About this Mac shows an HD 8xxx with 1024MB of memory (the RAM is correct, the series is not). If I then connect the second monitor, using any port (i can display a single monitor on any port), both screens go black and I'm forced to hard reboot. I've seen some tutorials of people using the onboard along with the PCIE card, but my onboard is an ATI chipset and doesnt seem to get recognized unless I remove the PCIE card.

I've tried Sierra and High Sierra but couldnt get the installations to complete. High Sierra would lock up before getting the chance to telling the installer to start, and Sierra would halt around 25% when extracting BaseResources.pkg

So, like I said, I'm a Hackintosh newbie, please be kind :lol:
Post Merged
Actually, looks like my build is very similar to Shaneee's old build. Except using an HD 7790. Even the same motherboard. Am now realizing I posted under tutorials too :( my forum skillz are subpar

Shaneee's old build
CPU: AMD FX-4300
Motherboard: GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB (rev 6.0)
Chipset:-
North Bridge: AMD 760G
South Bridge: AMD SB710 (SuperVIAATA.kext)
RAM: 6GB
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 2GB ( Works OOB with InjectNvidia )

Advertising

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]