Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
by: trifty
So after install, I ran terminal and ran these commands.

cd /Volumes/YosemiteAMD/PostInstall
cp -rf Extra /Volumes/“OS X”
cp -rf kernel /Volumes/“OS X”/System/Library/Kernels
cd Kexts
cp -rf *.kext /Volumes/“OS X”/System/Library/Extensions

When it came to the last command, All I got was cp: Kexts: No such file or directory

Any ideas?
Last edited by trifty on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertising

by: Norton287
You have to put the whole "/Volumes/OS X/System/Library/Extenstions" in quotes, same for every command since you made your partition with a space in the name.
by: trifty
Norton287 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:27 pm You have to put the whole "/Volumes/OS X/System/Library/Extenstions" in quotes, same for every command since you made your partition with a space in the name.
*UPDATE*
Okay So I managed to boot into the MAC login screen by adding "-x" safe mode into the list of commands. Only with that command I was able to boot into the setup. Now after meddling and going through the setup, once I inputted my password and click login, I get apple's spinning wheel of death. I decided to reboot and now, my USB wouldn't launch! After choosing my USB drive, it shows some usual Boot: etc but then turns into an underscore with a dot on the top left corner (This is usually the screen showing the boot drives to choose and boot flags). Ideas :( ?

Worked well with the quotes! Okay now I tried booting into the HDD using the USB drive, but it freezes again.

I tried -v -UseKernelCache=No but it didnt work, so I attempted to use the same bootflags I used for the installation.

UseKernelCache=No npci=0x20000 -f -v EHCIAcquire=Yes USBBusFix=Yes

I got quite far down to the point where it worked before (BluetoothController etc), but a new line was added that goes: " GPU Hardware VM is disabled (multispace: disabled, page table updates with DMA: disabled).

It freezes from here. If it's anything to do with the GPU, note that I've actually connected directly into my Motherboards onboard graphics (as suggested by some of the users). Thanks in advance!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]