Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
by: SleepingPanda
Okay, so doing that just brings me to the black screen again with the spinning mouse.

Using a different setting, I managed to get it to at least correctly detect the name of my video card but there is still no acceleration and the VRAM is incorrectly detected as 7mb still. I've tried almost everything from inputting patched connectors hex to different framebuffers to injecting both nvidia AND ATI (even though I don't have an nvidia card lol) and nothing seems to work.

I also tried every Realtek 8168 kext out there and still nothing in that regard either.

You're probably just as confused as I am right now. If you know of any specific guide to try more complicated fixes, point me to it and I'll give it a try.

It seems that from reading around, 290s either just work or just don't at all with OS X and maybe I'm on the wrong end of that spectrum.

Advertising

by: Shaneee
Yeah they are a pain to enable apparently. The X versions seems to work better but not sure if the VBIOS is compatible with the card. I wouldn't recommend flashing it anyway. Have you tried the Load and Patch VBIOS options from Clover Configurator?
by: SleepingPanda
Yeah it's not a reference card so I can't use a 290X BIOS. I'm actually using a slightly modified BIOS on it to lower frequencies for stability.

As for your question about the Clover Configurator VBIOS Patching, no I haven't tried that.
by: Shaneee
Try those settings in Clover and see if it works.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]