Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
by: Shaneee
Seems to fail right at the end. Try renaming the drive you are installed it to and try installing again. It's an old trick.

Advertising

by: SleepingPanda
Shaneee wrote:Seems to fail right at the end. Try renaming the drive you are installed it to and try installing again. It's an old trick.
I tried that and it still fails. I even tried to reinstall Yosemite tonight from scratch again 3 times and giving the drive different names and still it always fails at that point. I'm ready to cry.

Oh and I figured out what's really happening with the black screen with the spinning mouse. It seems the Mac OS is just moving very slowly. I left it alone on the black screen for an hour and came back and saw it progressed to the language selection setup screen BUT it took like a whole minute from clicking on the mouse/keyboard for the action appear on screen. It took too long to complete it this way so I rebooted with the -x flag to finish the setup dialog and then rebooted without the flag to attempt logging in but still it won't even get to the login screen.
Is Clover booting now? You'll need to set a FakeID for the GPU to 0x67B01002 to enable it.
Shaneee wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:34 pm Is Clover booting now? You'll need to set a FakeID for the GPU to 0x67B01002 to enable it.
Huh? Clover? You haven't mentioned anything about Clover in the guide or in any of your replies. Should I use that instead of Enoch?
Okay so I managed to figure out what was causing Enoch not to install. It seems that using the modified AMD8000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext causes the OS to not recognize other disk drives (including USB drives other than the Yosemite installer drive) and that somehow affected Enoch's ability to mount disk images to complete it's tasks.

So I got Enoch installed and THEN used kext utility to install the modified AMD kexts but the same symptoms occurred: Black screen with spinning mouse but otherwise working in safe mode with correct detection of my video card. Is there any way I can get my R9 290 to be properly detected and working without modifying those 2 kexts? And working LAN? The settings panel for Networking isn't detecting my LAN cable.

@Shaneee, got any advice?
You'll need Clover for that GPU. Restore the original AMD kext you modified and install Clover to the HDD. Once installed copy this config to the EFI/Clover folder,
Attachments
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Shaneee wrote:You'll need Clover for that GPU. Restore the original AMD kext you modified and install Clover to the HDD. Once installed copy this config to the EFI/Clover folder,
Okay, so I had already installed Clover based on what you recommended earlier and restored the original AMD kexts so switching to this config was a very simple endeavor. BUT! These lines causes my USB mouse and keyboard not to work :
Code: Select all
<key>AddClockID</key>
<true/>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<true/>
So I removed them with Clover Configurator and then I was able to login only to find that it's still not detecting my video card. It shows up as 7mb of video memory with no name. Have any recommendations for LAN?
Try setting the Framebuffer to Baladi. As for LAN you'll need this kext,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn8nwnrv1y7f5zp/RealtekRTL8111.kext.zip?dl=0
Still nothing with the Framebuffer change. Though if I enable 'InjectATI' I see a new line of text in the verbose output that says something like
** GPU Hardware VM is enabled (multispace: enabled, page table updates with DMA: enabled)
which wasn't there before, but when it finishes loading it goes to the black screen with spinning mouse.

No progress with LAN either.
Using Clover Configurator set the following. According to a post I found this works fine on Yosemite,

Devices > FakeID > 0x67B01002

Graphics > Inject > ATI > YES

Graphics > FBName > Hawaii
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]