Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Development and testing of modified XNU Kernels for AMD CPUs on OS X
by: Shaneee
Little update. Currently my system hangs here,

Advertising

by: dsalsa
Wouldn't mind giving Sierra a try but when I try to download it from the App store is says "We could not complete your purchase. This version of MacOS 10.12 cannot be installed on this computer." Can you tell me where can I download the latest version?
Thank you.
dsalsa wrote:Wouldn't mind giving Sierra a try but when I try to download it from the App store is says "We could not complete your purchase. This version of MacOS 10.12 cannot be installed on this computer." Can you tell me where can I download the latest version?
Thank you.
What SMBios are you using? Not all Macs can get Sierra so if you are using say the MacPro3,1 SMBios the App Store won't allow it. Just change it and it'll let you download.
Yes, I am using MacPro 3,1
Sorry for the ignorance but how do I change it and what do I change it to?

Edit: I decided to do some research myself. I found the "SMBios.plist" file in the "Extra" folder and opened it with Xcode. Can I just edit that file and save it? If so what exactly do I change and what do I change it to?
dsalsa wrote:Yes, I am using MacPro 3,1
Sorry for the ignorance but how do I change it and what do I change it to?

Edit: I decided to do some research myself. I found the "SMBios.plist" file in the "Extra" folder and opened it with Xcode. Can I just edit that file and save it? If so what exactly do I change and what do I change it to?
Open it with a text editor and use the following info,
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>SMbiosdate</key>
	<string>10/07/10</string>
	<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
	<string>Apple Inc.</string>
	<key>SMbiosversion</key>
	<string>MP51.88Z.007F.B03.1010071432</string>
	<key>SMboardproduct</key>
	<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>
	<key>SMfamily</key>
	<string>Mac Pro</string>
	<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
	<string>Apple Inc.</string>
	<key>SMproductname</key>
	<string>MacPro5,1</string>
	<key>SMserial</key>
	<string>CK3319O4EUH</string>
	<key>SMsystemversion</key>
	<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>
I've created a problem on my primary El Capitan 10.11.6 installation. I updated the SMBios.plist and at the same time I updated Safari 10.0.1 and there was another update in the app store. After updating I replaced the kernel with the previous one I was using before the updates and now my computer won't boot. I'm getting something about a kernel error and 64 bit. I can try to reboot again if you need the exact error.
Invalid kernel opcode. Remove the kext AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from S/L/E and boot with UseKernelCache=No
Shanee, thanks it worked like a charm. I'm going to try to tackle Sierra now
Update for older CPUS. I'm getting there so hopefully we will be able to run Sierra soon.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Miksa liked this
by: Maamoun
Hey
can i help in emulating SSE4.1 / 4.2 Instructions? I'm skilled in C++ and ASM so can anyone get me started and point me out to the places where i can start? thank you.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]