Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Development and testing of modified XNU Kernels for AMD CPUs on OS X
by: Shaneee
I'd like to ask any FX users or others facing the same glitches to help with testing.

Before you proceed I highly recommend either installing onto another partition on your OS X drive or cloning your current one with an app like Carbon Copy Cloner.

To test the kernels copy the test kernel into /System/Library/Kernels/ of the test drive then delete the folder named com.apple.kext.caches located in /System/Library/Caches/. Then delete the file prelinkedkernel located in /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/.

Then run the following in terminal replacing Test Drive with the name of your test drive,
Code: Select all
sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/"Test Drive"
Reboot into the test partition/drive with -v to monitor the boot. Once booted if it does boot as not all test kernels will. Run the following command in terminal,
sysctl -a
Then copy the output of the Terminal window into a reply here using the
 BBCode, the icon in the reply window looks like this,  [size=150][b][fa]fa-code[/fa][/b][/size]

If you're testing another file I've uploaded simply replace the original with the one I've uploaded and report.

Once again please don't test on your main install of OS X for safety.

Advertising

by: NicoM4491
Shaneee wrote:I'd like to ask any FX users or others facing the same glitches to help with testing.

Before you proceed I highly recommend either installing onto another partition on your OS X drive or cloning your current one with an app like Carbon Copy Cloner.

To test the kernels copy the test kernel into /System/Library/Kernels/ of the test drive then delete the folder named com.apple.kext.caches located in /System/Library/Caches/. Then delete the file prelinkedkernel located in /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/.

Then run the following in terminal replacing Test Drive with the name of your test drive,
sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/"Test Drive"
Reboot into the test partition/drive with -v to monitor the boot. Once booted if it does boot as not all test kernels will. Run the following command in terminal,
sysctl -a
Then copy the output of the Terminal window into a reply here using the
 BBCode, the icon in the reply window looks like this,  [size=150][b][fa]fa-code[/fa][/b][/size]

If you're testing another file I've uploaded simply replace the original with the one I've uploaded and report.

Once again please don't test on your main install of OS X for safety. 

To start with here is a kernel to test,

kernel.zip[/quote]

I´m in man! give me till tomorrow and i´ll post the results... this kernel works on the graphical glitch?
@NicoM4491, This is to try and fix the graphical glitch. I can't guarantee it will work straight away but with testing we can see what is still needing work.
by: ksxi
@Shaneee I will try this tomorrow! Sorry haven't been active here for a while
ksxi wrote:@Shaneee I will try this tomorrow! Sorry haven't been active here for a while
I should have removed the kernel sorry. It didn't fix anything. There will be a new one to test soon.
by: ksxi
Shaneee wrote:
ksxi wrote:@Shaneee I will try this tomorrow! Sorry haven't been active here for a while
I should have removed the kernel sorry. It didn't fix anything. There will be a new one to test soon.
Ahh no problem, I also realised that I was running Yosemite, need to install El Cap again lol
by: denali
I'm willing to help test. My Mac setup is basically so I can learn and eff around with anyway, so if something goes off the rails, I'm not going to whinge about it.
by: lordsith82
MadmanGFX wrote:Have we had any success building a working fx kernel?
My system is stable... only problem is the hated icons! :)
by: MadmanGFX
lordsith82 wrote:
MadmanGFX wrote:Have we had any success building a working fx kernel?
My system is stable... only problem is the hated icons! :)
I managed to get mine stable as well, like you said the icons are annoying. I was hoping someone had a solution for that
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]