Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Development and testing of modified XNU Kernels for AMD CPUs on OS X
by: jacfen123
I know that this forum does not help with PowerPC processors, but I have been wanting to run OS X Snow Leopard on my iMac G5 for a while. Is there anyone who knows how to edit OS X kernels for different processors and would be willing to teach me how to do it? I have been looking around on the internet and I could not find anything about modifying OS X kernels.
Last edited by jacfen123 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertising

by: Shaneee
It isn't very well documented and I'm afraid I won't be able to help with PPC but there is a slim chance the AMD Snow Leopard kernel will allow your PPC G5 to run.
by: jacfen123
Ok, will I need to basically turn my G5 into a hackintosh and install a boot loader?
by: Shaneee
No I don't think that would work. You can use your Hackintosh to prepare a legitimate Snow Leopard installer and replace the kernel with the AMD one. I'm not sure if it will work but it may.

See here for making the USB,
Code: Select all
https://www.maketecheasier.com/create-mac-snow-leopard-usb-installer-disk/
by: darklord42
I'm afraid there isn't a chance. At least with AMD and Intel, it's all x86/x86_ 64 instruction sets. That's why we can run software compiled for one on the other hardware. Not so with Motorola's PPC. Everything must be recompiled, which is why for a little while, developers were including multiple executables/library sets in their app bundles. If you want a more modern OS on your PPC computer, you can try setting up Linux. Unfortunately most distros I know of abandoned PPC a while ago, so you will have to do most of the compiling yourself, which isn't fun on old hardware...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]