Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Development and testing of modified XNU Kernels for AMD CPUs on OS X
by: Shaneee
We need your help. FX users and users with similar CPUs are facing graphical glitches on AMD El Capitan. Other users are facing issues with syslogd spamming the logs. If you know what your doing then please take a look at the diff file located here or you can download it here. We think it may be a cache issue possibly related to mtrr.c

If you have any questions or suggestions please email using the contact form located in the header or PM me here.

Edit:
You can follow some of the progress over at the link below where myself and fellow AMD enthusiasts are trying to get it working,
Code: Select all
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309765-amd-os-x-el-capitan-1011-kernel-testing-release-for-help-use-the-help-topic/
Edit 2:
More information can be found here,
Code: Select all
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312297-el-capitan-kernel-diffpatches/?p=2239850
Last edited by Shaneee on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertising

by: jacfen123
I have noticed that the apple logo at the top left hand corner sometimes shows up, (it is usually not there) but only when certain applications are active. It only shows up when TextWrangler is my active window.
by: 6for6
Steam too.
by: MacMan
My Razer Synapse (mouse) drivers' logo shows at the top right just fine.

Also, I dont know if this will help anyone, but I hope it does.
I originally installed El Capitan on my Phenom II X6 1045T and had no graphical glitches or any problems (of course). Then I bought an fx-8350, swapped the CPU, and booted up. Everything still worked great, except now i have the graphical glitches. (except for my mouse drivers mentioned above).
Yeah for some reason custom images or non apple ones for example your mouse app icon will show. If you replace these icons then they will show fine. We are still working on the source and are trying our best though :thumbup:
by: achamate
This is my first guess: Too much acceleration in default graphic driver is causing the glitches, can you compare with real macs with Capitano cause I dont think they run as fast.
by: NicoM4491
i noticed that when i have the Utorrent open apple logo appears! is there a way to replace the icons?or with an app like Flavors to customize the environment?
NicoM4491 wrote:i noticed that when i have the Utorrent open apple logo appears! is there a way to replace the icons?or with an app like Flavors to customize the environment?
Some icons when replaced with custom ones do work but we don't know why yet.
by: saturn
not sure if this helps but I'm seeing the glitch elsewhere. on images that are "color corrected" in Sketch (web layout app) it happens. once you turn off color correction, it looks fine. note "spirits" image.

also in the control panel, icons go glitchy when you click on them, but otherwise look good. leads me to believe whenever artwork is being altered by code it messes up. attached image is when I click the "energy saver" icon in system prefs.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 8.15.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 8.15.42 PM.png (117 KiB) Viewed 385 times
Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 8.09.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 8.09.10 PM.png (596.61 KiB) Viewed 385 times
What happens if you alter the colour profile with the ColorSync Utility?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]