For the first time in AMD hackintosh history, AMD patches for macOS were released the same day as the OS. This is purely down to Algrey utilizing the Mask kernel patching feature offered by OpenCore. Patches below for OpenCore are for version 0.5.0 only.
Clover has now adopted the same feature allowing AMD users running macOS to update with ease. To achieve this you’ll need Clover r5095 or higher from here.
Below you’ll find the updated patches which allow a smooth upgrade to macOS Catalina.
Depending on the SMBios you choose the system may panic on AppleMCEReporter. To fix this simply inject this kext, https://files.amd-osx.com/AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext.zip
Again if the system fails to boot your system may be reporting an EC device. Simply load this SSDT to fix that, https://files.amd-osx.com/SSDT-EC0.aml
The AMD Vanilla Kernel Patches have been updated for 10.14.6 (18G84) for 15h_16h and Zen (17h).
Kernel binary patches to enable native AMD CPU support on macOS.
- Enables macOS to run on AMD CPUs on the fly.
- Enables iMessage, Siri, Facetime, etc.
- Enables HandOff, Continuity etc.
- Faster releases compared to open source kernel
- No 32-bit app support (i.e No OPEMU)
Supported AMD CPU’s
|17h||Zen||Ryzen, Threadripper, Athlon 2xxGE|
Supported macOS versions
For 15h_16h CPU's :
- High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65, 17G66, 17G6029, 17G6030, 17G7024)
- Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226,18E227), 10.14.5 (18F132)
For 17h CPU's :
- High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65, 17G66, 17G5019, 17G6029, 17G6030, 17G7024)
- Mojave 10.14.1, 10.14.3, 10.14.4 (18E226,18E227), 10.14.5 (18F132)
NOTE : Includes only patches.
- Grab the
patches.plist file according to your CPU family model , provided in respective
17h CPU family folders.
- Open the
patches.plist file with a text editor and copy the patches manually to your existing clover
config.plist which is located in
- Save and Done.
- Grab the generic
config.plist file according to your CPU family model , provided in respective
17h CPU family folders.
- Open it with Text Editor and edit it according to your macOS system needs.
- Save it in
EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ and Done.
- AlGrey for the idea and creating the patches.
- XLNC for maintaining 15h_16h patches to various macOS versions.
Welcome to the new AMD OS X Homepage.
Keep up to date on current findings and find useful tutorials and information shared here.
Don’t Switch, Modify-AMD OS X