I’ve taken the decision to start the forum a fresh at the current subdomain ( https://forum.amd-osx.com ). The main reason for this is to clean it up. There are alot of dead topics and outdated information on the old forum. With this fresh start I hope to keep this version tidier and better moderated. The old version will still be accessible here, https://amd-osx.com/forum/
Unfortunately I don’t have a clean way to import the existing user database without it creating a mess so you will need to re-register. Once you’ve done so please feel free to re-create any topics here like your Success Story for example or a recent support topic.
Anyone who had donated on the previous forum please send me a private message with your forum username and email for the old version and I’ll correct your rank here.
If there are any queries feel free to send me a private message.
Thanks and Welcome to AMD OS X V2
Get yourself some AMD OS X merch now. Introducing the AMD OS X Store provided by Design By Humans.
For the first time in AMD hackintosh history, AMD patches for macOS were released the same day as the OS. This is purely down to Algrey utilizing the Mask kernel patching feature offered by OpenCore.
Below you’ll find the updated patches which allow a smooth upgrade to macOS Catalina.
Depending on the SMBios you choose the system may panic on AppleMCEReporter. To fix this simply inject this kext, https://files.amd-osx.com/AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext.zip
Again if the system fails to boot your system may be reporting an EC device. Simply load this SSDT to fix that, https://files.amd-osx.com/SSDT-EC0.aml
The AMD Vanilla Kernel Patches have been updated for 10.14.6 (18G84) for 15h_16h and Zen (17h).
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz
- Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3
- 16GB Corsair Venegance LED @ 3200MHz
- ASUS Strix ROG RX 560 OC
- Samsung 960 EVO
- Carbide 100R
- CoolerMaster ML120
- Corsair RM750x
- Vanilla install with Mojave 10.15 using OpenCore and AMD Vanilla Kernel Patches.
- FakeSMC with relevant plugins for temperature monitoring.
- Latest AppleALC source compiled for native audio.
- Native USB with no fixes required.
Geekbench result:- https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/13933013
Kernel binary patches to enable native AMD CPU support on macOS.
- Enables macOS to run on AMD CPUs on the fly.
- Enables iMessage, Siri, Facetime, etc.
- Enables HandOff, Continuity etc.
- Faster releases compared to open source kernel
- No 32-bit app support (i.e No OPEMU)
Supported AMD CPU’s
|17h||Zen||Ryzen, Threadripper, Athlon 2xxGE|
Supported macOS versions
For 15h_16h CPU's :
- High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65, 17G66, 17G6029, 17G6030, 17G7024)
- Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226,18E227), 10.14.5 (18F132)
For 17h CPU's :
- High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65, 17G66, 17G5019, 17G6029, 17G6030, 17G7024)
- Mojave 10.14.1, 10.14.3, 10.14.4 (18E226,18E227), 10.14.5 (18F132)
NOTE : Includes only patches.
- Grab the
patches.plist file according to your CPU family model , provided in respective
17h CPU family folders.
- Open the
patches.plist file with a text editor and copy the patches manually to your existing clover
config.plist which is located in
- Save and Done.
- Grab the generic
config.plist file according to your CPU family model , provided in respective
17h CPU family folders.
- Open it with Text Editor and edit it according to your macOS system needs.
- Save it in
EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ and Done.
- AlGrey for the idea and creating the patches.
- XLNC for maintaining 15h_16h patches to various macOS versions.
Welcome to the new AMD OS X Homepage.
Keep up to date on current findings and find useful tutorials and information shared here.
Don’t Switch, Modify-AMD OS X